Mother nature is such a tease. I think she knows I'm waiting on her this year. I was excited to see my Hostas are popping up. Look closely, can you see them sprouting?
In July, we have a beautiful Peony plant in the backyard that I put wire around to keep it standing up. I has huge pink blossoms on it for about two weeks. Can you see it coming up around the oak tree root?
The daffodils are still trying to bloom. The cold weather (and yesterday's light snow) has been a bit of a set back. A few are in bloom with plenty coming. The lone one below is by the shed and the grouping is around the base of a small pine tree (newly mulched!) in the backyard.
Last week when my best friend visited, we sat on the back deck for awhile and also took a walk around the yard. I pointed out to her some daffodils in the woods that would bloom soon. I asked her "have you ever wondered how daffodils bloom in such odd places, like the middle of the woods?" She responded "the squirrels dig up the bulbs and bury them, thinking they're food, and forget where they buried them". I can accept that explanation, makes sense to me. She said at her house she lost a dozen tulips thanks to the squirrels who carted hers off somewhere else, leaving holes where she had planted them. Here's a bunch in the woods next to the house. I have never planted daffodils, perhaps a previous owner had these dug up and replanted courtesy of the squirrels.
Finally, the Dogwood tree has started budding. It is so pretty when the buds open up, just a few more weeks I hope. I was worried that a couple of the heavy snows we had this winter caused the tree to lose branches. It looks like it is fine.
I got some dusting done around the house and some other small chores, I was somewhat productive. Kind of a slow boring Monday, at least the sun is shining, just wish it was warmer. Hope your Monday was a good one.






1 comment:
Yes, I can see all your plants starting. It won't be long now. I still enjoy the cold days, as long as the sun is shining.
Post a Comment