Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just Chores

Since I had my Me Day yesterday, I knew there were some things on my list that I needed to check off today.  I've been staring at the kitchen floor for days, knowing it needed a good mopping, checked it off, done.  It's Thursday, rescue the trash can day.  Here's where they left it, pretty close to where John placed it on the curb next to the mailbox this morning before he left for work.


We faired better than the neighbors.  For some reason, the neighbors don't use the trash can provided by the trash company.  I think the neighbors purchased their own trash can.  Perhaps the trash company is not very happy with them about that.  Below is how their trash can was left on this very wet, dreary day.  Notice their trash can lid is lying in the puddle near the curb?  I'm sure the neighbor isn't happy.  It's been raining since last night and suppose to continue until tomorrow morning.


After fetching the trash can, I walked to the side of our house that faces the woods.  I see puddles forming in the woods too.  You can see by this picture, this is where the deer gather that I mentioned in a previous post.  When they got scared the other day and took off, they headed for the parkland across the street, leaping both guardrails.


In the summer, when the leave have grown and filled in the woods, you can hear the deer and really have to look to find them.  We have a lamp post in front of our house.  Previous owners had put in bricks around it and dirt, they planted daffodils.  The first summer we moved it, the daffodils were gone after spring, it was just dirt.  I decided to plant impatients, they looked nice, but had to be constantly watered, we have some hot summers here.  Enough of that, I finally planted Hostas, very self sufficient, except I have to keep the deer away from them.  The deer love (my) Hostas.  I collect bunnies, here is the lamp post with some of my bunnies.  A neighbor told me our house is called "the bunny house".  Notice the puddle next to the brick surround, more wetness.


Back inside, I decided to do some vacuuming, not whole house, just the dining room, living room areas and hallway.  I left the bedrooms for another day.  I got the bathrooms cleaned too.  I love the smell of a clean bathroom, I wished that smell lasted longer.  By 3pm, I was done with the chores for today.  Tomorrow back to Shoppers for the large Diet Cokes I was hoping to buy on Tuesday, their delivery was suppose to be today.  After that, onto Giant, which I don't care for, I'd rather go to Bloom.  John likes Giant, the grocery bill gets applied to the gas discount.  I hope the rain stops before I head out in the morning. 

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hope the rain and wind stop before morning...it's trash day here. At least it's not recycling day. Our day sounded a lot alike, except I did more vacuuming :)

I wonder if deer like lantana? If not, that would be a good plant for that spot. And I like rabbit statuary too. I'll have to show you mine.

HappyK said...

Like your rabbits. :-)

Noofy said...

Thanks Cheryl for the Lantana suggestion, I'll look into it (about the deer eating it). Thank you for noticing my rabbit collection, they're all over my front yard (more postings to come). Everyone collects something, mine are rabbits (and angels and dolphins, that's it, promise ;) I look forward to seeing your rabbit collection posted, Cheryl.