Pages

Monday, March 07, 2011

Surprise Cookies

Nice, sunny, beautiful day, warmed up to almost 50.  I only went out to collect the trash can and again later to get the mail.  There was a slight breeze blowing, making it a little chilly.  I didn't get so lucky today, the trash can had been tossed to the other side of the driveway for me to fetch (forgot to take picture).  We got a notice from the trash collection company that our rates were going up March 1st, must be an extra charge to throw the trash can to the other side of the driveway from where it was left.

Every day I usually pull something out of the freezer to make for dinner.  Today, I decided to make chicken cordon bleu for dinner.  I buy the Purdue skinless chicken breast package of 6.  I defrosted one of John and one for myself.


I coat them in bread crumbs, usually I put on a slice of ham, I didn't have any.  Today I used chopped ham pieces I bought for omelets and topped it with some shredded swiss cheese I had.


It may not look that great, it was actually pretty tasty.  I took the sheets off the bed and threw them in the wash.  I had more coffee, watched the news, pulled the sheets from the dryer and added towels to the washer, it was almost 11:30am, where did the morning go?  I was starting to get hungry and made a salad.  I added some ham and turkey pieces, I couldn't finish the salad, hungrier than I thought, I guess.


Got the bed made and towels folded and back in the linen closet.  I wish it was warmer.  I love hanging sheets and towels out to dry naturally, soon I hope.  I remember buying some cookie mix to make for a rainy day.  It isn't raining, but I feel like making cookies.  I checked the cabinet, there is it, Peanut Butter, our favorite!  When John came  home, the smile on his face was priceless, surprise, cookies!  I said "what you don't eat, you will take to work with you tomorrow to share".


Hope I didn't make you hungry, wish I could offer you a cookie.  Happy Monday...

No comments: