I hope you got a chance to sneak outside after dark this past weekend, the Super Moon was fabulous. I took this picture of the moon through the trees, not the best picture, but hey, it won't be around for another 18 years, at least I have this picture.
Every Sunday someone drops a newspaper in our driveway. We don't subscribe to any newspapers, yet every Sunday, we have one delivered. I headed out Sunday afternoon to fetch it and throw it in the recycle bin. On my way back to the house, I noticed the two bunnies I have by the front porch look so much happier sitting in a fresh bed of mulch. I just had to take a picture - don't they look happy?
I woke up early today waiting for the "anytime after 7am" telephone call to notify me of our delivery window. The call came at 8:30. The delivery of our new addition, a new Mitsubishi 72 inch TV would be between 10am and 1pm. This TV is more for him than me ~ boys and their toys. Below is our old TV, which was hauled off by the delivery guys for recycling. Such a shame, it is a perfectly good TV, nothing wrong with it, other than it is 8 years old (again, boys and their toys). Nowhere could I stand without getting a reflection in the screen, oh well, you can see the fireplace and a plant too in the reflection.
I didn't bother taking any pictures while the TVs were on because you really don't get good picture of a TV when it is on anyway. You can only tell how good (or bad) a TV picture is when you're standing in front of it. We bought the 8 year old TV from Best Buy. They had a special dark room with recliners just for projection TVs back then. Below is the new, updated addition. Notice there is no reflection? You can see the window reflection that faces the TV. Must be one of the new features, anti-glare or something.
The stand we choose is no where near the huge cabinet that housed the TV at The Big Screen Store. The Big Screen Store was set up like a huge living room with large recliners a in theatre style. Each recliner had a cup holder, something everyone needs, right?
Tomorrow, my best friend for over 35 years is coming to visit. She lives about an hour and half away. I haven't seen her since last summer. She has a meeting close to my house, so she's coming out early, we're going to have lunch and catch up. I'm so excited and looking forward her visit.
Hope there was something new in your view today.




1 comment:
Wow, that's some big television. :-)
Hope you had a great time with your friend.
Post a Comment