Pages

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Quiet and Cold

It is a cold chilly day, in the 20s when I woke up and topped out at 40 degrees a little while ago, just before sunset.  I was thinking about getting my driver's license renewed today, too cold, maybe tomorrow.  I must do it no later than next week.  I cleaned the kitchen floor and the air cleaner in the kitchen.  I need some new pillows and thought about heading to the local Bed, Bath and Beyond home store, nix that, too cold.  Wasn't sure what to have for lunch until I spied my treats from my trip to the store yesterday.  Yay, blueberries and raspberries, love the 2 fer sales!  Yesterday's strawberries were yummy.
Today was trash pickup day on our street, every Monday and Thursday.  Usually the trash truck has been here by 9am.  Today, they were late, didn't show until 1:30.  Burrrr, it was 34 degrees when I went to fetch the trash can and put it away until next Monday's pickup.  Surprised they had actually returned the trash can to the curb.  Sometimes, I've found the trash can at the other side of the driveway, about 30 feet from where it was left for pickup.
I noticed a small sign of spring by my porch.  Even though it was cold, it made me smile knowing that spring is coming (just not soon enough for me).  Look closely, you can see the crocus starting to sprout.
We'll keep a view on this crocus, it will grow as spring gets closer, promise. 

1 comment:

HappyK said...

Your green trash can is just like mine. Ours only gets picked up one day a week though - Thursdays.
Weather is on a warm up trend again. :-)