Very sad to awaken to hear about the terrible earthquake and tsunami that followed the earthquake that happened today in Japan. So many lives lost, homes lost, business, it is complete chaos. I've been watching CNN most of the afternoon, the video is incredible. I was going to post their video here, unfortunately, they've popped in a 15 second commercial (frustration), never mind. It is a little after 6pm EST here, almost 8am in Japan. Daylight has broke, they are just beginning to evaluate the destruction. Fairfax County, Virginia, where I live had an Urban Search and Rescue Team they deploy to disasters. The Rescue Team announced they are deploying to Japan to assist. I'm so proud to live in a place where people help others (for the most part, anyway).
As planned, I headed back to Shoppers Food Warehouse (SFW) grocery store where I was last Tuesday to pick up 24 oz Diet Cokes, which is what John likes to take with his lunch, and we both drink the (probably bad) stuff :) There I was in the soda section where it usually is and it wasn't. I was very irritated, this was my second trip, argh! I picked up a couple of non-perishable items (shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste) items which are cheaper than Giant (where I do my shopping-see earlier blog for this explanation:) When the cashier asked if I found everything, I explained my frustration about my second trip. She asked if I wished to see a manager, I said yes. Manager "Dave" who pointed to his name tag to introduce himself and asked if he could help me. I explained my frustration that it was 2nd trip to purchase (24oz) Diet Cokes this week. I informed him I was at the store on Tuesday, the Diet Coke delivery day and there were none. At that time, I asked the cashier about the next delivery, which was to be Thursday. Today, no Diet Cokes. He apologized, saying there was no delivery on Tuesday, the driver skipped that store(???). He promised me he has 8 pallets ordered for next Tuesday delivery, promise. Guess where I'll be for the 3rd time in a week? Yup, SFW. I WILL accomplished this mission!
Onto Giant Food. Anyone not from the Washington DC Metropolitan Area, Giant Food is our are grocery store conglomerate, like Winn Dixie is to the South and Shop Rite is to New England. I go armed with list in hand.
I comb the aisles looking for everything on my list. Two items John asked for I couldn't find, Vitamin C with Rose Hips and Dr. Scholls Freeze Away (wart remover). That means a trip to CVS is required. I think there must be a contract between CVS and Giant. Most shopping centers have both stores in the same shopping center, and we do too, three doors down from Giant is CVS. You will notice in both pictures, we are cloudy and overcast today, but NO Rain, yay!
Shazam! I found both the Vitamins and Freeze Away at CVS. Something went right today. John had taken the day off. I let him know I would call him when I was leaving the shopping center, which is about 5 minutes from our house, so he would be able to help me unload (meaning dressed or not in the shower). Unloading goes alot faster when two people do it. I made my call just before putting the car in gear. We never use our cell phones when driving, we are always parked. We've had two near miss accidents from people who did use their cell phone. We would have been killed had we not reacted as quickly (that's another story). Someday, they will make the law for using cell phones while driving just as harsh as drunk driving. Let's face it, the possibility of killing someone is just as likely and the driving reaction is the same. Okay, I'm off the soapbox on that subject (for now).
Finally home, groceries unloaded and put away, three hours after leaving the house, whew I'm tired. John wants to go to Best Buy tomorrow to buy my birthday present, the iPod I asked for. I don't want to go to Best Buy on Saturday, ugh.
Have a great weekend.



1 comment:
Did you get your iPod? I love electronics!
Post a Comment