Wow, what a gorgeous day, and it happens to be my birthday. It was 78 degrees today according to my Weatherbug on my laptop. I had a bunch of errands to run this morning. John took the day off from work to power wash the deck. I started off my travels to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I needed fluffy pillows! The ones we have now are flat after several years, they don't fluff anymore.
I love this store. It has so many gadgets, so much more than bedding, definitely where the "beyond" comes in. I also found a Johnson & Johnson pocket size emergency kit for my car. Girl Scout Motto...be prepared!!
I had to swing by the grocery store, it is berries that are on sale this week, it was a two for deal. I bought two packs of raspberries for the price of one, same with the strawberries, picked up some milk and other needed items. I went to the Bloom instead of Giant. The Bloom is easier to get in and out, it is never crowded. I love the Bloom, they see me coming and greet me.
My final stop was the liquor store for some birthday celebration beverages. Once home, I got the groceries put away and the new pillows on the bed. I was hungry, I had not eaten all day. I picked up a premade salad at the grocery store. John already made a sandwich for himself earlier after pressure washing the deck. We use to have a hot tub, which we had hauled away last month because the heater was very expensive to have repaired. With the hot tub being on the deck for years, it left its mark. John was unable to get the stain up. He is going to try again on the next warm day with some chemicals and elbow grease.
Time for some relaxation. John got a couple of chairs set up, we made some cocktails and relaxed in the afternoon sun. The weather report tonight said we hit a high of 79 degrees today. They said the record was 81, we almost had a record breaker.
Such a wonderful day, a perfect birthday, thanks for joining me.





2 comments:
Glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday.
Those power washers work like magic. My husbands actually has fun using ours. :-)
It was a wonderful birthday, thanks Happyone. John is disappointed his power washer did not perform to expectations. He hopes to get the stain up next go around. He also uses it on the house to get the mud off our aluminum siding. It certainly is a handy gadget.
Post a Comment