Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A New Day

"Are you feeling any better?" John asked me last night.  I've been running a low grade fever with a runny nose since Friday evening.  I'm sure it is just a cold, I've had my flu shot.  I wonder how many times a doctor has heard that this season.  "Yes, much better, honey, thanks" I replied.  No fever today, nose has stopped running, and I have some energy, thankfully.  I must have picked this cold(?) up at the grocery store on Thursday, those nasty carts (yes, I used the wipes provided).  Improved health and an out of season snow is all I have to share today.  It's a blah Sunday.

We were forecasted for S-N-O-W(!) overnight with an accumulation prediction of less than an inch.  They got it somewhat right, it was a tenth of an inch.  The Annual Cherry Blossom Festival Parade in Washington, DC was postponed due to the snow.  The Cherry Blossom Festival runs through April 12th, plenty of time to reschedule.  No harm is expected to the blossoms.  An expert from the Park Service said the snow will insulate the blossoms to slow their growth.  I suppose that is a good thing, since the blossoms usually pop in warm weather in about a day or two followed by windy weather to blow them away.  I'm looking forward to the warm weather.

Here's the backyard with the Fosynthia bush in the background.  As you can see, it is barely a dusting.  They treated the roads last night as well according to the news, I couldn't believe it.


I think my car may have sustained the worst of it.


The good news, it has melted.  It is 36 degrees expecting to go to mid 40s today.  On the eleven o'clock news last night, they showed a few people at the grocery store stocking up with the necessities, imagine!  This area panics quickly at the word of snow.  Grocery stores are wiped out in a short period of milk, bread, eggs, and toilet paper, items that somehow manage to become the necessities.  It is a comedy to see.

I was able to get some chores done, the kitchen floor is clean, also making me feel a little better.  I'm no longer looking at it thinking "the floor needs to be cleaned".

I'm refreshed for a new day.  Hope your Sunday is refreshing and relaxing.

2 comments:

HappyK said...

Glad you're feeling better. We just got 10 minutes of snow here early this morning. Nothing at all stuck anywhere, thank goodness. It was actually a nice sunny day here.

Cheryl said...

We had a few flakes here, and that was that. I never believed it was going to do anything and it didn't. Yea!

I don't think I'll venture out to see the blossoms this year. I was there last year, about a day too late. I was expecting a feast for the eyes, but most of the blossoms were gone. The big excitement turned out to be Obama's motorcade going by. It really was exciting.

Glad you're feeling better!!