Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Paddy's Day

Keeping with the festivities of the day, wishes to you for this St. Paddy's Day.  Although I'm not Irish, when I was younger, I would join the alcohol celebrations of the day and continue through tomorrow for my birthday.  I am happier these days with a green shirt and a birthday card tomorrow.

Today is also Thursday, fetch the trash can day.  Here is where they left it today, still close to where we left it for them.  They don't often get it back on the curb, it must be too difficult a task for them.


I have relatives in the Canadian Maritimes, Nova Scotia, and a few in western Canada.  I stay in touch with a cousin in Newfoundland almost on a daily basis via email.  Her area is under a Winter Storm Watch on "The Rock", which is the nickname of Newfoundland.  I decided to make a trip around the yard armed with my camera for more signs of spring.  Here are a few pictures of our Spring springing.  Newfoundland Spring is around the beginning of May.  I suppose you adjust to your environment.  I'm glad for the four (timely) seasons and especially Spring arriving on schedule here in Virginia.  Today's temperature is expected near 65 degrees, tomorrow even warmer, closer to 75 degrees.  It is always a rollercoaster of temperatures here in Spring.  It is expected to drop to the 50s and rain on Saturday, better than a Winter Storm Watch.

Here's a closeup of the Forsythia bush next to our back patio that is starting to bloom.

Here is a close up of the daffodils that are about six inches high and should  bloom in another week or so.

Here is the Forsythia tree in the backyard, just popped yellow this week.

Finally, here is a picture of the huge tree in our front yard.  I don't know what kind of tree it is, I know it is big.  It also just popped some buds this week.

So as the time changed on Sunday to "spring forward", I'm excited Mother Nature is feeling the same.  I'm hoping the crocus in the front flower soon, they are usually the first to blossom followed quickly by the daffodils.  The hostas in the front only are starting to pop up above ground as well.

Hope there was a little green in your day or spring in your step, thanks for stopping by to share my view.

2 comments:

HappyK said...

I'm just loving this weather and tomorrow will be even better.
Nice to see your spring pictures.
A very Happy Birthday to you!! :-)

Cheryl said...

Happy almost spring. Happy almost birthday!!!