First, I needed to get gas. I dread this each time I go. I try to keep my tank above half full so it is not as painful to the wallet. While the prices are dropping, this wasn't painless. It was $48 for a little over 12 gallons of regular gas, just ridiculous.
Next stop, grocery store. I love the Bloom, because they are small, they don't carry everything. I didn't get quite everything on my list. Maybe a trip to Giant (local chain, much larger) will be needed.
Whenever I can, I try to park by the cart return. At the Bloom, they thank you for returning your cart to the cart return...who else does that? Not Giant!
The Bloom has special parking for parents with children and of course, the handicapped. While I was loading my groceries, an older gentleman got into his car which was parked in a space marked for parents with children. He was alone. I didn't take a picture. I didn't want to embarrass either of us, thinking he probably didn't see the sign, and my picture taking pointing it out. I got the car loaded with my grocery purchases. Does this look like $194.34? Why is food so expensive? Million dollar question I suppose.
Remember those gorgeous spring days when you just jumped on the highway, rolled down the windows, turned up the music and rocked on down the road? I had one of those feelings come over me on the way home from the grocery store. I quickly talked myself out of it with a trunk full of groceries and a full tank of gas at $3.96/gallon, both would be wasted....ahhh, the good ol days. As I got close to our house, I noticed the trash folks had been by and picked up the trash. Notice the can is not completely in the middle of the street or blocking the driveway. It must be illegal for them to put it back on the curb next to the mailbox where it was when they rolled up to empty it.
Finally, almost 1pm and I'm hungry, lunch time. I'm getting a bit tired of salads, even my homemade fruit salad. You know what tastes good in the summer? A BLT!!! I had a craving the other day and didn't have any bacon. I picked up some already cooked microwave bacon at the grocery store. Just delicious, every bite was savored!
This evening, John and I watered the outdoor plants. We've been on a roll of extremely warm weather. We were suppose to get thunderstorms yesterday. The storms were in the area, but they missed us. You know the kind, pop up storms, just went right by. I have to keep the tomato plants watered well also until I get them in the ground. As I walked around the yard with the hose, to my delight, look what I discovered! Yep, the Stargazer Lilly finally bloomed. Ya know, it's always the small things that make us smile, right?
And my final bit of joy today....I'm having a record steps day. This is the first day I've gone past 6,000 steps! I felt like I was on the go today, guess I was.
This record put the icing on the cake, couldn't ask for anything better! I've had a wonderful day. I think I'll count my blessings one more time and pinch myself too. Thanks for joining me to celebrate.









4 comments:
Woot! Look at all those steps! Isn't the guideline ten thousand? You're very nearly there. (I never made ten thousand no matter what I did.)
Yes Vee, the goal is 10,000 steps per day. Never say never, I haven't made it yet, but I will!
I have to fill my tank up with supreme!! But it is worth every penny to drive my car!! : )
You will make to 10,000 one day soon.
I put my pedometer back on today. I had stopped wearing it last year. It helps me keep moving each day ... and it pushes me out the door for my walks.
Post a Comment