Pages

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Toodles Tuesday

Very uneventful Tuesday....I'm calling it Toodles Tuesday, see you next week when you roll around again.  I'm happy for the sunshine we're getting, unfortunately, it comes with heat and humidity.  It was forecasted for 83-85 degrees today, we hit 90 degrees.  We're in for a scorcher the next two days, with the heat index, over 100 degrees both days.  This is the dog days of summer already, it's only June 7th??



I took a fifteen minute walk this morning but forgot my camera.  I don't know where my mind was...again, Toodles Tuesday.

Spent the rest of the morning on the computer going to all the job websites.  I applied to seven jobs today.  I also applied to a bank for a teller position.  I wish someone would call to set up an interview!

I made my salad for lunch and watched the news.  I have to laugh at this Weiner Gate scandal about the Congressman from New York, Anthony Weiner, what a loser.  Why do people do such stupid things?  These are the people elected to represent the American public?  Here's the kicker, he wants to keep his job!  Other people who do this like teachers and bus drivers are being fired by the minute for the same stuff.  I just have to shake my head, I don't get it.  He says his wife still loves him and they will get through this.  Poor woman, she must be humiliated. 

I played some online computer games this afternoon.  I had picked up a mesquite marinaded pork loin roast yesterday and decided to make that for dinner tonight.  I wasn't sure at what temperature and how long to cook it.  As it turns out, the directions were wrong anyway.  I had to keep it in the oven an additional half hour from what the directions called for.  We had brown rice and baked beans with it.  We both agreed it was pretty good.  We don't have pork loin roast very often.

John was home about 4pm and declared he needed to cut the grass.  He just cut it on Saturday.  I don't dare say a word.  I think he was worried about the upcoming heatwave and that he couldn't cut it again until the weekend.  It doesn't look like it needed it to me.  I don't know why he worries so much about the lawn maintenance.  I don't think the neighbors would complain if he was a day or two late cutting the grass.


Oh last night we put the cages around the tomatoes.  Since I never planted tomatoes directly in the ground, I deferred to my expert (John).  We determined it was probably going to be easier to put the cages in now while the plants were small.  It would be too difficult to put the cages in after the tomatoes had grown.  Maybe they'll grow faster with the cages there, I wish.


My last update for this Toodles Tuesday is another pink Stargazer Lily bloomed.  I wish they would last longer, I think they are beautiful.


Tomorrow I have some errands to run, it may be a more eventful day, who knows.  Glad you stopped by to say hello and share a part of Toodles Tuesday.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Noofy,
Sorry it's been so long since I've been around. I hope to change that now that things are slowing down around here. It was hot today! I sat outside for about 5 minutes and felt like I was sitting under a heat lamp. Whew! I got home from work at 8 tonight and watered my garden. The plants will need it after today and what's coming tomorrow! Stay cool :)

HappyK said...

It was hot but it sure beats ice and snow.
I guess the lawn is just Johns thing. : )

Retired Knitter said...

Love the title of Toodles Tuesday. Keep it as a regular!