As I hit the end of the driveway, a couple was coming down the sidewalk. We exchanged pleasantries. I let them go ahead of me, they seemed to be moving at a quick clip. I wasn't out there long before I started sweating. I now know why they were walking so fast, they wanted to get home quickly and cool off.
Only a couple of pictures of interest on my walk. These people seemed to have received a delivery or left something for pickup, I'm not sure which. Either way, it was pretty big. I wonder how the were able to get out the front door?
Remember the Ford Mustang Cobra's from the late 1960s? I saw this one parked on the wrong side of the street. Looks to be fairly new, nice car, about $60,000. I would think that gas and insurance would be ridiculous on that car. It sure is pretty, nice candy apple red.
I was almost home, thought I'd take a picture of the how blue the sky was. I think you can almost see the heat begin to blaze.
Whew, home finally. I was sweating like I was in a sauna. I tried to stay under the trees as much as possible to keep cooler. I must attempt to keep the rhythm of walking routinely (meaning getting earlier) even in this heat.
I put a load of clothes in, including a new pair of blue shorts and a salmon colored top, along with the white underwear and socks, washing in cold water, no problem, right? Don't you know, the whites came out pink, ugh! I put the colored clothes in the dryer and rewashed the white in bleach to get the pink out, it worked. Funny thing, the bleeding of the new clothes crossed my mind as I was loading the washer. Naahhh, I thought to myself, ha!
I finished of the remainder of the pot of coffee that was still waiting for me. I decided to have the left over pork loin from Tuesday for dinner tonight. Nothing to defrost. I don't like having to throw out food.
Oh, I forgot to mention the heat last night. For all the locals who follow me, please feel free to commiserate with me in the comments section. I have a computer program on my laptop called the Weather Bug. It is free to download, it will give you the weather anywhere in the USA. Just before I went to bed last night, I pulled up the Weather Bug to see what the weather station closest to me (about a mile away) was reading. It was a sweltering 88 1/2 degrees at 9:40pm last night. I feel so sorry for those who don't have air conditioning in these temperatures. Notice the cactus in the forecast for today?
I checked the job websites and there wasn't anything new posted since Tuesday. I decided to play some computer games for awhile and watch The View. I made lunch and decided to check the temperature outside. Looks like we busted 100 degrees, reaching 102 at 12:40pm.
For the few minutes I was on the back deck taking this picture and looking around the yard, I could certainly feel the difference from this morning. Back I ran into the air conditioning. I finished up the laundry and got everything put away.
I figured I'd take one more trip out to the back deck. Let's face it, at these temperatures, it is too hot to sit outside for any length of time, even if you love the heat. This is my last boring picture of the temperature, it reached 104 degrees. The 6pm news said it reached 99 at the airport about 5 miles from my house (Dulles Airport for the locals). Lots of heat records set on the east coast.
I hope we do get the rain, we need it...my tomatoes need it!! Otherwise, I'll be out there later tonight again with the hose making sure those tomatoes stay alive!
I'd like to welcome my newest follower, Retired Knitter, a friend and blogger of my fellow blogger, Happyone, small world. Welcome! I appreciated your introduction posted yesterday.








2 comments:
The heat doesn't really bother me all that much. I'd rather have the heat than the cold of winter.
I can't drink anything before my walk because I'd have to make a lot of pit stops!! : )
I met retiredknitted at my Tuesday knitting group.
I so wish that I could get out of bed in the morning and walk like Happyone. My body is not wired to do that kind of thing right off, and now with mom, I have to be here when she gets up. She needs morning meds, she needs her weight, BP and pulse sent electronically, and I bring her coffee and breakfast before she gets dressed. Living in a townhouse, it would take her too long to do her morning things upstairs before coming down to eat. So I bring up stuff. She takes her other meals downstairs. So morning walks are out.
But I can wish!
Post a Comment