Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Whopping Wednesday

I have such a peaceful view out my patio window, I don't pull the drape shut until it is just about dark.  Last night, as I was about to close up for the evening, guess who came back?  Sneaky thought he'd get himself a little bedtime snack on my tomatoes, I bet.  I chased him into the woods twice before I closed up for the evening.  Needless to say, had to use my camera (automatic) flash, which reflected off the glass and the screen was shut.  You can still see Sneaky.  Hopefully, he's gone for good.


I got an early start this morning.  I had a great walk, it was so much cooler and less humid, a true blessing in this area.  Not looking at the calendar, it felt like a beautiful May morning.  I got an early start on the grocery shopping too.  John will be home tomorrow afternoon from Texas, I need to restock (beer :)   What a beautiful day, I found one cloud in the sky, which probably disappeared later on in the day I'm sure.  What a welcomed relief today's weather is.  It is suppose to stay through Friday.  It has been 85-95 degrees with too much humidity, you just can't breathe, just sweat, it is awful.  We'll be back "in the soup" come Saturday through early next week.  I don't want to go anywhere in this heat unless it is the beach.


I decided to go to the grocery store farthest from home, Shoppers Food Warehouse (SFW).  They seem to have just about everything I need, especially the large Diet Cokes that John likes.  It saves me time (and gas) going to the different closer grocery stores...well, maybe a break even on the gas.  Looks like they're doing some improvements, SFW is getting a paint job.  Notice the painter on the far right.


As I was leaving, I was surprised to see the progress they had made in the hour I was in the grocery store.  I don't suppose anyone would had noticed.  I wonder if I had posted these two pictures together, would anyone else have noticed?  Did you notice how the parking lot filled up in such a short time.  I suppose I pay too much attention to detail.  On such a beautiful day, if it were me doing the work, I would have dragged it out and enjoyed the day a bit.


When I got home I had a package waiting.  I had forgotten I had ordered this last week for days when it is too hot to walk, I wanted to add to my exercise ball.  This is going to be great cardio exercise (and burn calories faster!).


A Blog question for my fellow bloggers.  I would like to change the font on my blog.   I have gone to the DESIGN tab, selected the link for Template Designer.  I then select the ADVANCED link, which allows me to pick from a menu of what I wish to change.  I choose the TEXT FONT, which opens up the fonts menu to allow me to choose from the Web Fonts.  I chose the one I wanted and clicked the Orange APPLY TO BLOG button on the far right......NOTHING HAPPENS????  If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!!!




One last picture, and I'm going to make it easy....what's this?  Geez, isn't summer full of surprises?


Hope your Wednesday (Hump Day) was good, mine was gorgeous.  Lucky for me, Mother Nature has chosen to provide a repeat performance tomorrow.   I'm going to enjoy it before heading to the airport in the afternoon to pick up John.

5 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

OK, I went out to my blogger template and checked advanced - in the location you showed on your blog. On my screen the first option is something called Page Text. When I selected fonts and colors from that area, changes happened. Try that.

Noofy said...

Thanks RK, it did not work unfortunately. I do not have a selection in my template called Page Text.

HappyK said...

I have the Page Text that RK mentioned and it's where I changed mine too. We both have apples maybe it's different for you if you don't have an apple.
Picture looks like a deformed strawberry!

Noofy said...

That's probably it Happyone, that you both have MACs, I have a PC (disappointment).

Yes Happyone, you're right, it is certainly a deformed strawberry!

Vee said...

Hope that you've had a great July 1st! I sometimes don't notice things in real time that I am able to pick up from a series of pictures I've taken.

Sneaky is a real pain in the keister. Hope you've chased him off for the last time.

No advice about the fonts. It seems as if it should've worked. Keep trying, though, perhaps it's just a Blogger thing.