Since we caught the deer munching on the tomatoes Saturday night, I figure I'd take a quick walk around the yard to checkout the damage. Too bad the dang deer didn't wait a few more weeks for the tomatoes, he could've had a meal. Notice the nubs left behind? I spread more Deer Scram around the tomatoes.
Thankfully, the Deer Scram I used on the Day Lillies a few weeks back must still be working. The Hostas out front have not been attacked either.
Oh no, I've found deer damage! The Hostas by the shed became a meal as well as the Hostas by the front lamp post next to the driveway. I'm shocked they stand in the middle of the front yard and chew on Hostas, although I know they attack the plants at night, probably in the wee hours of the morning. The Hostas below had the same blooms as the Hostas above, before the deer visit. No sense putting Deer Scram on them now. Again, notice the nubs? Frustrating!
It was overcast today. It looked like it was going to rain. It spattered a bit, no real rain, but it looked like it was going to. I got in a ten minute walk, that was it. I didn't want to wander too far from the house. You never know in the summer time when there will be lightening, and I'm afraid of lightening.
It is our first trash pickup of the week (the other being Thursday). The trash folks once again missed the mark today. They can never return the trash can to the curb where they require we place it for their pickup (as well as the handle must face the street). They didn't manage to get the lid closed either. Good thing it didn't rain.
Got some chores done around the house. Visited a couple of job websites and applied for two jobs. Followed up via email with the property management company that I interviewed with on the 14th. They have not yet replied. I don't hold much hope. If they wanted me, my phone would be ringing long before today asking me if I would be willing to accept the position and make a verbal offer. I will say again, everything happens for a reason. I thought I might get lucky on this interview. A small coincidence on the date. June 14th was Flag Day in 1975, that day my Dad died of a heart attack at 53 years old, the next day was Father's Day. While preparing for the interview this June 14th, I had "a talk with Dad" two weeks ago asking for his help with the interview and hopefully, a forthcoming job. Guess I asked for too much, maybe he never heard me.
Hope your Monday was good, the start of a new week. Glad you stopped by for a visit.
4 comments:
Chin up! Something is going to give.
Well those rotten deer! The nerve! What about a sprinkler that is triggered by movement? That might get'em. It is so frustrating to have your plants destroyed and your produce eaten.
You know, you are right that things happen for a reason. I, too, was laid off from a job I held for 19 years (well, several different jobs within the same company). I was offered a similar job at another company, but turned it down because I just didn't want to do the same thing... in some regards i was just burned out. I kept looking. Eventually I got a great job at a Spiritual Center. I know that sounds strange, but it was peaceful, the people were treated really well, and I felt like I was really doing something worthwhile. I was't making the same money, but I was happy and that counted for alot. Something will come a long and it will be perfect.
The job for you is out there somewhere. Don't lose hope. Just enjoy your time off now. : )
Our trash can is just like yours and they NEVER close the lid and usually the can isn't even in front of the house. We put a big yellow band around it so we would know which one was ours!
Thank you ladies for your support while I suffer another employment rejection. It is so easy to think I'm the one with the problem, when I know that's is not the case. So many that know me, know how much I have to offer. With your help, I continue to hold hope, thanks so much.
Post a Comment