Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Tomatoes Are Coming!

Congrats to Happyone, you were right about the mystery picture yesterday (repeated below)!  It is certainly a deformed strawberry.  I should have figured your great eye would catch it.



Thanks Retired Knitter and Happyone for your attempt to help/comment on my blog yesterday in response to my cry for font help.  I suppose you're right Happyone, that you both have Macs and I have a PC must be the difference.  I would think the Template Designer would allow for  PCs.

Another gorgeous day here in Northern Virginia!  Low humidity and the temps are up a bit, it is at least manageable, we reached 84 degrees today, not a cloud in the sky!  I got out for a 15 minute walk this morning.  I haven't walked in awhile (except on errands, which counts), so I have to start slow and work my way up again for distance.


I order most of my clothes online.  I can't be bothered with going to the store and then dealing with the changing rooms, returning what doesn't fit to the rack.  I try my clothes on in the privacy of my bedroom and return them via UPS if they don't fit.  You betcha, a trip to the UPS Store today was needed, three pairs of capris returned.  When I pulled into the parking lot the Big White Truck in front of the UPS Store had his backup lights on, so I waited until he pulled out.  One problem, he didn't pull out!!  I ended up taking a different parking spot.  Seems he wanted to sit in his truck the whole time.  I parked my car, went into the UPS Store, he was still there when I pulled out (probably wasting time).


Today John comes home, I didn't have to pick him up at the airport until about 4pm.  I made sure I got all my errands done this morning.  I also decided to take another walk around the yard.  Guess who was in the yard this morning and jumped into the woods when I opened up the sliding glass door?  Can you see Sneaky in the woods (see the brown spot in the middle of the picture?


The Tomatoes Are Coming!!!!  Here's my documentation of the tomatoes.

As you may remember, these were my pitiful plantings on June 3rd.



On June 7th, we put the cages around them.



On June 17th, the tomatoes were starting to grow!



Today, The Tomatoes Are Coming!!  June 30th



The tomato plants are almost to the bottom of the lattice, these plants are huge!


John is exhausted, he's almost asleep on the couch.  He was up at 5am, the flight left at 7:50.  He told me he'd be waiting at gate arrival 3 and he was.  He was so glad to be home again.  He'll be on vacation this upcoming week.  We've talked about how much needs to be done around the house.  I hope we get half of it done.

Some other good news to share.  I got a call from a Recruiter this morning who found my resume posted on a job board.  She asked if I would be interested in a position in a small company of 45 people who are looking to get their personnel records, employee handbooks, and benefits in order and payroll processed.  Right now, the function is being performed by the accounting staff.  I'm meeting with the recruiter next Wednesday.   After our meeting, the Recruiter will determine if she is going to submit my resume to the client who has the position available.  If I am selected, I will interview with the client.

Hope you are ready to enjoy your long holiday weekend.  We are ready to gets some tasks accomplished around the house during our stay-cation.  I think that is what it is called now when you don't go anywhere for vacation.

3 comments:

HappyK said...

Glad to hear John is back home safe and sound though a bit tired!
Looks like you'll be eating home grown tomatoes this summer.
Maybe this job will be the one!! Good luck.
Hope you get lots of work done around the house next week but don't forget to have some fun too. : )

Cheryl said...

Your tomatoes are amazing! I've never had luck with mine. You're going to have so many...what will you do with them all?

I'm just starting to catch up on blogs. Sorry I've been away!

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, those tomatoes are making progress.

Good luck with the recruiter. My daughter used one as well - she was in sales. Sometimes they help and sometime you find a job on your own.