Last night we had some loud thunderstorms. You know, the kind where the lightening and thunder sound like they're right above your head? Loud enough to put the pillow over your head trying to block out the noise. The storm rolled in about 11pm. Poor John he goes to bed about 7:30pm, he gets up around 4am. He wasn't happy with the noise. It's a part of summer for most of us. I was happy, my tomatoes were watered, it poured for about an hour. Remember when I planted my tomatoes, and I posted this picture on my June 3rd blog? Oh, they looked pretty sad, John didn't think they would make it.
This picture, taken this afternoon - ha, they're growing and very well I might add!! I'm so pleased and relieved! They're called Early Girl tomatoes. Supposedly, they take only 50 days to harvest. At this rate, I can believe it.
John arrived home in a better mood than he's been in all week. He was not his normal happy self, but somewhat talkative, probably because it is Friday. He changed his clothes and headed for the garage (his man cave), usually for a cold beer. After about ten minutes, when he didn't surface, I investigated. I open the garage door to see this.
With his shopvac in hand, he is vacuuming the garage....yes, VACUUMING the Garage! With my straightest face I said "what are you doing?" "I'm vacuuming the garage" he said like you would say "I'm changing my shoes" (can't you tell?). After snapping this picture, I had to think about what I heard and saw. I poured myself a glass a wine and decided to leave him alone for awhile. I started dinner.
After about ten minutes, I opened the door to the garage again when I'd heard the shopvac noise stop. "Are you finished?" I asked. "Yes, the spiders were bothering me." I closed the garage door again. Oh okay, now I get it. I thought to myself, vacuuming the garage...men are strange.
3 comments:
I cleaned half the garage today and I would love it if the man of the house vacuumed the garage. Now don't you really think it's kind of nice?
Yes, cleaning is hard work. I can barely move I'm so lame. I'll be so glad for something like normal again.
My husband does the same thing. There is even an old carpet on the floor in the garage at Savage. : )
So glad to see that your tomatoes are doing splendidly!!
Wow, he cleans the garage and cuts the grass! Girl, you are lucky!!!
But I do agree with the statement that men are strange!! LOL
Post a Comment