When I woke this morning I intended to get an early start on my walk, before the predicted heatwave hit. I woke up the first time at 5:32am, John had already left for work, it was still partially dark outside. I went back to bed. Since I haven't been working, I don't set the alarm clock, unless I have a reason. This time I should have. I next time I woke it was 7:50am and 84 degrees outside....and I hadn't had my coffee yet. I can't do anything in the morning without coffee first. I've given up all my addictions, cigarettes, diet cokes, sweets, I can't give up my coffee!! Needless to say, with the errands I had scheduled for the day, I figured that could count toward my walk. At least everywhere I was going was air conditioned.
First I had to go to the bank. Apparently, they've decided to replace their ATM machine out front. There were a couple of people standing on the curb next to the ATM that was being replaced. They keep looking around and watching me take pictures. I wonder if they were armed undercover security?
I do most of my clothes shopping online (I get email alerts for sales :). What doesn't fit, I send back. I ordered a pair of capris that arrived yesterday and need to be sent back. I don't have any shipping supplies. I had to stop and pick some up. Since Office Depot was in the same shopping center as the bank, I decided to swing in. Unfortunately, they didn't have the size envelope (10 x 15) I needed.
I had to make another stop. I've been having problems with my laptop external mouse, which is about three years old (same age as my laptop). It keeps losing connection (wireless). I think because I'm constantly plugging and unplugging the connector when I shut down at night and restart in the morning. I probably damaged the pins inside. I have to jiggle it to connect, and sometimes it would drop the connection. Anyway, I broke down at Office Depot and bought a new mouse for my laptop. Amazing how the new stuff works perfectly!
My second stop did have the envelope size I needed, so I bought two envelopes (one as a backup, use later). We also need a new printer cartridge. Since I did not anticipate stopping at these two places, I didn't write down the type of printer cartridge we needed. Another trip, another day.
Next stop, grocery store. I had made a list of a couple of items I had forgot to pick up the other day. Don't you know when I got home, I found a few more things I had not added to the list, it's a vicious cycle. I started a new list. As always, I got more than I needed. My list comprised of Hefty bags (both storage size and large size) and aluminum foil. I swung by the produce section as I always do to scope out any sales. Raspberries were on sale, picked up a couple more packs, I love raspberries! John loves mint chocolate chip ice cream (I don't, my fav is cookie dough). I haven't had any ice cream in months. He saw Klondike now has ice cream bars in mint chocolate chip. I checked out the ice cream section, they had them, I picked them up. When John came home, I told him of his surprise. He was pleased. He said he had to try one right away (before dinner :) and thanked me for getting the ice cream bars, they were good.
That was it for my errands today. It was almost one o'clock and it was getting warmer by the minute, 93 degrees at 12:50.
Air conditioning never felt so good as it did today. Notice the fan is on full blast. I made my lunch salad and watched the news, I played a couple of computer games too. I also ate all the raspberries, they were yummy. I thought I'd better take a walk around the yard, check on my tomatoes. They were fine, still had wet ground from where I had watered them last night.
The Stargazers bloomed again, both the red and pink ones! Only one red Stargazer left to bloom, the pink ones are done.
Over by the shed was one Day Lily that the deer had missed chomping.
The hosta on the side of the house that gets full afternoon sun is sprouting as well, little purple bells.
Lastly, here's our new clock on the back deck which seems to be keeping precision information. Notice it is 102 degrees, it's too hot!!
Hope you are staying cool, thanks for stopping by. I don't have any plans to go anywhere tomorrow, fair warning, may be a boring blog or no post. Who knows, maybe I'll have some excitement in my day! Maybe I should set my alarm clock for an early morning walk (with coffee first, of course). I look forward to your next visit.












4 comments:
You did a lot of running around in this heat! I was glad to be at work all day, although at times the AC was too cold! I went to the pool after work. So nice!
Hi Noofy,
Found you from my friend's blog (Life is Good by Happy One). You are sort of local to me. I am in Columbia - and I am coming up on my one year blog anniversary in July.
I enjoyed reading your post and will be following you. Take care in this heat. Today will be a scorcher!!
I'm with John with the ice cream. I'll have to check out those bars you bought!
The sunset was pretty.
I stayed walking on the paths in the woods today where it was cooler.
It has been hot and humid. Hope that it has cooled for you. We had a nice cold weather system move in so it's back to more comfortable temps.
I can't give up coffee either. Gotta have a morning cup no matter what.
Post a Comment