I had some errands to run today. Since today is Thursday, you know what that means...it's trash day! Here's how the trash folks left our trash can today - they made it onto the curb (sidewalk actually), did someone tip them off? I suppose closing the lid was just too much work.
Heading out, I noticed my Jiffy Lube sticker read I still had 1500 miles to go before my next checkup. I am about a month past the three months recommended. Since I'm not working, I really don't go anywhere except errands. Although, the local news consumer reporter, Liz Crenshaw, says you can actually wait until 5000 miles, she didn't discuss the time period. The 3000 mile oil change has never been updated as car requirements have changed - imagine that? My car is a 2005 Ford Five Hundred, my mileage is almost 35K. I've been fortunate enough to work close to home since I bought it.
I ran my errands without getting wet in the spattering of rain we had. I retrieved the mail and found more clever marketing material on the ground by our mailbox. Seems the professionals will be around to install mailboxes in our neighborhood, they're checking to see if we want a new one. There is nothing wrong with our mailbox, we're not buying. Am I the only one who has this stuff dumped in their neighborhood? There should be a loitering law against doing this with a hefty fine.
I checked the tomatoes since we haven't had any substantial rain in a couple of days and tomorrow's forecast for rain is 40% chance. What a nice surprise! They've certainly grown, and they're budding. See those yellow buds? Those will be tomatoes very soon.
I happened to notice the Day Lillies by the pine tree are starting to bloom, giving a little color to my basic green yard.
I didn't walk today as I got quite a few steps in running my errands. I've been looking to find this and came across it today. It was a buy one, get 1/2 off the second sale day, so I bought two. Do you know what it is? The store clerk didn't know what they were.
Hope your Almost Friday was good. I haven't made up my mind yet about the new template, comments welcome. Thank you Happyone for your feedback yesterday! I'll be over shortly to see your changes.
5 comments:
Hey girlie!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed the view into your world :-)
The weather has been hot and sticky today ... but imagine how terrible it would be if the sun had been out. We had no sun at all here.
Shoe horns? You've created a lovely, relaxed atmosphere in your header. It belies the fact that you're not happy with the weather in Virginia. Crazy weather all over...crazy, crazy, crazy.
Looks like shoe horns to me too.
My car uses synthetic oil and lets me know when the oil needs changing. A percentage shows on my dash board. 100 % when first changed and then when it gets down to 0 it is time to change the oil. If it doesn't get to 0 in a year, it should be changed anyway. Ken changes my oil once a year.
Yeah ladies, shoe horns are correct!!! Congrats and recognition delivered in 6/24 blog. I forgot about the % on the dashboard Happyone. I have to push a few buttons, I have that feature too. Really, you only change your oil once a year Happyone?
Post a Comment