Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Surprise!

Had an unexpected visitor in the backyard - surprise!  They usually come more in the summer than winter.  This is the first one this summer, looks to be female.


"I really should mow the lawn today" John said.  He walked onto the lawn toward the shed, squish, squish, squish.  He turned around walked right back to the house, "the lawn is really too wet to mow."  I didn't say a word.  He hasn't mowed the lawn since last Saturday.  He loves to mow the lawn every three to four days, it's like a nervous twitch with him.  I don't think the lawn looks that bad, do you?  It is certainly green from all the rain, everything is.


The sun finally poked out for awhile today, I guess today would be called partly cloudly (or partly sunny?).  Nice cloud formations at least.



I made it to Shoppers Food Warehouse and got a surprise there as well.  The store is closing!  The large diet cokes were all gone, all that was left was the regular 16 ounce (not 24 ounce).  "Where are we going to get the large diet cokes?" John asked when I informed him of the news.  Here's what their refrigerated section looked like today.


A sign was posted near their door where the next closest stores are.  The cashier said the store is closing June 16th.  Odd, today there was nothing on sale or marked down, everything was still regular price.


When I came home, I got online to check the other locations.  I did find one about five miles away.  I hope the employees are relocated to other stores and not laid off.

I was glad to get my walk in today.  Yesterday, even without a walk, was the most steps I've had in one day (not 10,000 yet, only 5260, I'm getting there, slowly but surely).  Although, I did go up and down every aisle of the Bloom yesterday purposely even though there were some aisles where I didn't need anything.

Earlier this morning I hear a machine outside, a loud humming noise.  When it finally went past our house, I saw it was one of those machines that clears the debris from the street and curb areas.  Usually used in the Spring to clean all the dirt and salt that had been spread by the trucks the previous winter.  It certainly is an improvement, much cleaner.  This is just off the curb.


This was the newest plant that I noticed.  I think it is a Peonie, it was a beautiful hot pink color.


I made a huge bowl of apple salad to keep in the fridge for snacking (multiple servings).  I added more than just apples, included are pineapple, cherries, grapes, raisins, and chopped walnuts with a tablespoon of light mayonnaise and light cool whip...yummy!


Surprise, lots of pictures today!  Probably too many, I was making up for yesterday's boring post without pictures.  John and I had our Friday night pizza (at home), DiGiorno tonight.  We prefer Newman's Own, the Bloom doesn't carry Newman's.  I'll put Newman's Own on the Shoppers Food Warehouse list for next trip when I visit the store five miles away.

Hope you found a nice surprise in your day, thanks for joining mine.

2 comments:

Vee said...

How cool to see the deer! We rarely get one right on the lawn that way. Twice in the nearly twenty years I've lived here.

The grass is green! So glad that you are seeing sun. Perhaps I can hope for some, too. It rained all day long here.

Oh no! No such thing as too many pictures...is there?

HappyK said...

To bad about SFW closing but at least there is another one close by.
The apple salad looks yummy!