Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

A Promise Is A Promise

First, Happy Memorial Day.  A day to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.  Prayers to those now serving that they are kept safe from harm and return home to their families soon.

When I last posted Saturday, I said I wouldn't post again until Monday because of company coming for a cookout.  A promise is a promise.  John wanted me to join him in front of the TV for the NCIS marathon on USA network.  To your delight (and mine right now), this will be a short post.

I was so busy with the cookout, I didn't have time to take pictures.  I did manage to get a couple of pictures yesterday and today.  Yesterday, when I checked the weather forecast, I noticed that today's forecast had a cactus in it.  We're in the Metropolitan Washington, DC area, there are no cactus here....guess that's their way of letting us know it will be hot.  Tomorrow will be hotter and no cactus in the forecast...hummm.  I hope we see the low 80s again soon, without too much humidity.


There was only one remnant of the cookout, the cupcakes, courtesy of the local grocery store.  I was able to snap this shot before they were almost gone.


Today is indeed a scorcher.  I went out to the back deck to check the thermostat, can you believe it 99 degrees!  They said it was a heat index of 109 degrees, way too hot to be outside today.  Again, they are saying tomorrow is suppose to be hotter.  Forty percent chance of rain doesn't arrive until Wednesday to cool things down to the low 90s, it is brutal.


John has been putting in some long days at work.  We have plans to take the old grill to the dump and get the newly purchased tomatoes planted.  John thought we still had planting soil for the tomatoes, apparently we don't.  We have to make a trip back to Lowe's again.  Rather than go anywhere today, which is complete insanity, we succumb to the heat and had our lazy day indoors, playing on the computer and watching TV.  These are are Early Girl tomatoes, they are suppose to take 50 days to bloom.  If they're right, I should see tomatoes by the end of July.


Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day holiday.  Off I go to see the end of the NCIS marathon on the couch.  At 9pm tonight on the History Channel we're anxious to see Gettysburg, produced by Ridley Scott.  Tomorrow's heat and tomato planting will be here soon enough.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you beat the heat today. I was out in it and like you said, it was brutal!

HappyK said...

It sure was a hot one - today too.