Whew, done, over, I get so nervous on interviews! I get myself all worked up. It was raining this morning. I tried to stay dry with an umbrella, wished I'd worn my rain coat with the hood, it was raining sideways. I worry, what will they think of me? I smile, shake hands, first impressions count! I'm dressed in a pants suit with my hair up in a bun (I have long hair). Will I pass muster (military term for dress inspection)? There were three women again. One was the Director, the other two were managers reporting to the Director, as the position I am applying for would. One of the managers was from the previous interview I had two weeks ago. There were three questions, each woman asked a question. All three wrote down my response to each question. When the third question was finished they asked if I had any questions, which I ask about the timeline of selection. The Director said they have a few others to interview and will make a decision by this Friday and notify everyone no later than Monday (May 9th).
I did my best, I am confident of that. I remembered their names and thanked them by name at the end of the interview. I will send out an email before the end of today thanking them for their time. If I'm not chosen, it is because they wanted someone else, I wasn't their "type". I've been on their side of the desk. It is important to have the right person fit the group. It is what it is, I'm letting go of the worrying. Everything happens for a reason. If it is meant to be that I get this job, then I will.
It was sunny, hot (in the low 80s) and humid yesterday. Initially, they called for afternoon thunderstorms. I walked in the morning, it's much cooler. Here's a peek of what my walk looks like. Note, more helicopter/whirlies birds in the street and on the sidewalk, they're everywhere!
One of the houses I pass by has what looks like a Bonsai tree planted at the end of their driveway next to the sidewalk. Over the years it has grown over the sidewalk. I now walk off the sidewalk, AROUND the Bonsai tree. Our sidewalks are used by school kids walking to bus stops, walkers and joggers of the neighborhood. If this was your tree, would you trim it?
John spent last Saturday on the roof of our house with the leaf blower clearing the whirlies off the roof. When John got home last night from work, I asked him if he noticed the roof, which he had. He said if he waits until all has fallen, it's too much for the gutters and the gutters clog. I suppose since it rained last night and this morning, it's probably a good thing he cleared out the gutters. I know what we'll be doing Saturday, hope the weather is good.
"Make sure you stay hydrated" is what the walking group trainer said in her support email to me. I let her know I have always drank a lot of water. The glass I use is 20 ounces. I fill my glass up at least 8-10 times a day. I add a lot of ice and squeeze some lemons, just yummy. I don't drink sodas anymore. Well alright, maybe once in a while I'll have a diet coke with a little rum in it. I wonder if one quarter of my steps per day are to the bathroom?
Thanks for visiting my world. I hope you stop by again, see you then.




3 comments:
Glad things went well at the interview. You have a very good attitude about it. If its meant to be, you will get it. If not there is a better job waiting for you.
If that was my tree I would take it completely out. : )
I'm glad you haven't given up on walking. Take it slow and the distance and time will come. Just be consistent.
I tried the drinking a lot of water bit and it just wasn't working for me. I just drink when I'm thirsty, otherwise I'm in the bathroom ALL day. The doctor told me that if your urine is clear you are drinking enough. Yellow and and you need more water.
Yes, I'd not only trim the tree, the tree would be history. It's not the most attractive thing and I don't think that there's any hope for it ever being more attractive. Ha!
Oh my! What a day for an interview. I hope that they gave you extra points for even showing up in all the rain. Good idea about putting your hair up since it was raining. If this is the job for you, you're going to get it!
I have that cup!
That tree is ugly and does not belong there taking up the sidewalk. I wonder what can be done?
Good luck with the job? Can't wait to hear.
Post a Comment