It was a gorgeous day it was today. I took my walk this morning, I knew from the forecast "highs in the 80s" it was going to be hot and it was a warm 72 degrees at 11am. The sky however was beautiful, don't you think?
You can barely see a trace of a cloud today. John was finally able to scratch his itch of mowing the lawn. Can you see the mower tracks?
As I was walking the neighborhood, I noticed, John wasn't the only one mowing the lawn. This guy has just a few more passes to go.
Saw a few interesting things on my walk today. This gorgeous plant for one. I'm not sure what it is. At first I thought it was a bleeding heart. Upon a closer look, I don't think that's what it is. It is not an Azalea. If you know what the name of this is, leave a comment and share, thanks!
There are only a few people (we are not one) in our neighborhood who have what I call "golf course lawn". This is lawn that you can curl your toes into and it feels like carpeting. I passed by one on my walk. This picture does not do it justice.
As I was walking this morning, thinking about the end of the world to happen this evening (LOL :), I came across this. I thought it was appropriate, a garden of HOPE. We can always use a little hope in lives, I know I can.
I asked John if we could grill out this evening. Now the warm weather is upon us, there's nothing like grillin'. Tonight's menu featured good old fashioned American hamburgers and hot dogs. John had two burgers, I had my Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs on whole wheat buns. Here's John at work (we agree he needs a haircut). I was able to talk him into grillin' tomorrow's dinner also, bbq pork chops.
While we were waiting for dinner to cook, we noticed a dragonfly on the other side of our patio umbrella. I thought it looked kinda cool, don't you?
I will admit, I don't believe in the predictions of the end of the world, but they do make me nervous. Always the "what if" in the back of my mind. I suppose "what if" really doesn't matter when it comes down to it....it is what it is.
Thanks for being a part of my day, glad to have you visit. Look forward to seeing you again.










3 comments:
I know I was just here... Ha! The lawn looks great and makes me wonder when I'll be able to mow ours. It sure needs it. The dragonfly does look cool. Cute baby pic with your good looking parents and your hubby is a doll for grilling! No need to spend any time worrying about "the end." Just ask Karen! ☺
I love all your pictures. We think alike!
The sky was indeed a beautiful bright blue.
I got the lawn in Savage mowed too. I don't mind mowing the lawn - I figure it's good exercise.
Post a Comment