Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

TGIF

Yay, Happy Friday!!  This morning I grabbed some coffee, watched some news and weather, took a shower and headed to the grocery store to stock up for the cookout we're hosting on Sunday.


Can you tell I made it before the crowds came?  We're all set and ready!  I picked up hamburgers, hot dogs, all the fixins, corn on the cob, baked beans, chips & dip and salsa, potato salad, macaroni salad and....cupcakes ~ red, white and blue!

It was another hot one here today, 92 degrees.  So, wouldn't it just figure that the grocery bag would break on me?  Not only am I sweating enough to fill a swimming pool, the bag with the wine breaks and hits the driveway!  I thought it was adios to that bottle.  I thought I'd be sweeping up glass and hosing the wine off the driveway....it's a miracle!!  These are the only items that fell out of the bag.


I guess there's a reward for sweating to death unloading and unpacking groceries, I'm grateful!  Again, no walk today, except around the grocery store, which DOES count.  Again, I made sure I went up and down aisles where I didn't need anything, just to get in extra steps.  I was in the grocery store for an hour and a half, yikes!  I kept forgetting something and having to go back to the other end.

I always worry about clogging the blog with pictures.  I was advised you can't have too many pictures on your blog...thank you!!  Once I got the groceries unpacked and put away.  I got myself cooled down and had a salad for lunch and started watching some TV.  It wasn't long and John was home.  Friday is pizza night at home, we like Newman's Own.  John came in the door "I need your help" he says.  "Everything okay?" I asked.  "Yes, I need help unloading."  Forgetting what he mentioned earlier in the week, I followed John back out the door to his pickup truck in the driveway....Grill Master has arrived (new grill).



He stopped by Lowe's on his way home.  He picked a grill out all by himself, how about that, I'm proud!  He got the kind he wanted with the gauge on the hood that will give him the temperature, does it get any better than this? :)  We got the box into the garage and it was assembly time.  It was also 5:30pm.  I asked him about the pizza.  "I'll start to put it together, you get the pizza in the oven, let me know when it's ready" he said.  I left him to his tools and the unassembled grill, which he had started to unpack.  He had parts that he'd unpacked from the box and laid out all over the the garage.  He'd placed the major portion of the grill on his work bench. 


I got the pizza sprinkled with low fat mozzarella (extra added ingredient) and put it in the oven for 12 minutes.  We had our delicious thin and crispy Newman's cheese pizza and returned to the project at hand....the Grill Master.  As the "lovely assistant" it is my job to read the instructions out loud and point to the diagrams in the instructions, explaining the best I can.  Tough job, someone has to do it.  An hour and a half later, we have....the Grill Master (somewhat) assembled!


The gas still has to be added and the side burner needs to be connected.  There also needs to be some cooking oil added to the cooking grates to keep food from sticking when cooked.  I was informed this evening during assembly of the Grill Master this procedure was not followed on our previous grill.  Well I thought, that explains why the pork chops cooked on the grill last weekend stuck to the cooking grates...I didn't say a word.  I know what we will be doing tomorrow.

As we finished up the assembly, John putting away his tools, a huge downpour of rain started.  About ten minutes earlier, I saw the sky darkening from inside the garage.  I took my camera out to capture how dark the sky had become.


All was put away for the night.  I uncorked my saved bottle of wine, poured a glass, John got a beer and we tuned on the TV.  We're immersed in the movie National Treasure.  Hope you have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

It's so good that you and John work so well together. I have no aptitude for assembling things. The grill looks great!

HappyK said...

That should make for a great BBQ tomorrow.