John had taken last Friday off from work and kinda threw me off schedule. We ended up going grocery shopping for the cookout for his Mom and family on Sunday. He went a little crazy (and I forgot to take pictures!). He bought steaks, hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken. There were only three people coming.
John bowls on Fridays. He limped in the door Friday night after bowling. He thought he twisted something, but doesn't remember doing anything to hurt his foot. I got a bag of ice for him and got him on the recliner. By Saturday morning, he couldn't stand on it. There was no swelling or bruising. He didn't want go to the doctor, he wanted one more day, he said it was feeling a bit better. Needless to say, we didn't get as much done as we wanted. I ended up vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the bathrooms on Saturday instead of walking. I chalked it up to exercise, sure felt like it to me, I broke a sweat.
Sunday, all was back to normal, he could stand on his foot with just a slight twinge, how odd. He was able to get all the whirlie birds cleaned up on the front and back. Everything went well (except I forgot to take pictures, sorry). Mother-in-law wanted a hot dog, everyone else had steak.
I did capture a few things on today's walk I'd like to share with you. I saw the most beautiful purplish-blue plant at the base of someone's mailbox. For those who know plants, can you identify this for me?
I saw a house that looked like it celebrated Cinco de Mayo, except, they haven't taken down their decorations yet.
Remember the Easter Egg Tree I posted on April 20th that I thought looked pretty neat? I'll repost it here for easy reference. I walked past it again today, I think they missed an egg, unless eggs are growing on trees these days.
My neighborhood is old, it is a subdivision built in 1968. You have to be careful where you walk. I suppose over the years, the sidewalks have settled. If I wasn't watching where I were going, I could have really hurt myself if I had tripped on this two inch misaligned sidewalk. Almost looks like a step, right?
I don't know if you remember me mentioning the Japanese Maple Tree is my favorite. I saw this one in someone's yard, it took up almost the whole yard, what a beautiful shade tree.
As my day was nearing the time when John comes home, I noticed a squirrel had climbed up our lattice on our back deck. Do you think he's sunning himself? He sure has a smile on his face.
It was a lovely day, sunny and low 70s. Thanks for sharing a part of it with me, hope your day was enjoyable too.








4 comments:
You see the interesting little details that make a walk more pleasant. I'd have totally missed the lone egg. That is weird about your hubby's foot. I'm glad that it didn't last long.
I love the picture of the squirrel sunning. They're good for something! I think I outsmarted one of my squirrels who destroyed my favorite hummingbird feeder. We'll see.
Glad John's foot is better. My ailments are usually mysterious too.
Enjoy another fabulous day!
Glad John's mysterious foot problem healed on it's own. I hate to go to the doctors too!!
Cute photo of the squirrel.
I don't know what the flowers are but they sure are pretty. I'm not good at plant names at all.
I would have had steak too. : )
Oh, I forgot to say, that purple flower is a clematis. They come in many colors, but I believe the purple is the biggest. People usually grow them on mailboxes or fences. They need something to grow on.
Post a Comment