Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What A Beautiful Day

It is a beautiful day in my neighborhood!  We're having fantastic weather here in Northern Virginia, I hope it never ends.  We're still in the low 70s and NO Humidity (three consecutive days so far and expected to last through Thursday)!  For this area, this is just amazing.  We are always in the humidity.  The mornings are nice and cool, upper 40s to low 50s and it only gets better, no rain and sunshine until after 8pm (sunset).  I wonder where in the world it is like this all year round?

This weather is fantastic for my daily walks as well.  Much more enjoyable to walk in the cool weather and sunshine.  I secretly hope summer never comes.  Before I headed out this morning, I was having my morning coffee and catching up on the news and weather for the day.  Out of the corner of my eye I see something scurry past on the back deck.  I looked, nothing there.  I remember, the chipmunks are back.  John doesn't care for them, they play havoc with our garden.  Holes everywhere in the mulch from their digging.  I couldn't resist, I grabbed the camera and waited.  First there was one, then another one snuck into view.  I wonder if they are related?  I got to admit, they're kinda cute little scoundrels.



As I was walking today, I noticed that Gladiola season kicked in recently.  There are some gorgeous ones out there.  Most folks planted them near their mailbox, like the one below.  I found some bright yellow ones on the side of someone's house.  Aren't they beautiful?  I wanted to pick them and take them home, put them in a vase of water on my table.  My rotten luck, I probably would have been arrested for trespassing and destruction of property.  I remain an glorious observer.



My neighbor has some lovely Gladiolas in their front yard.  Initially, from a distance, I thought they were tulips.  When I walked past their house today, I saw they were Gladiolas, a mixture of purple and yellow ones.  I took this picture to share.


It is strange, when I'm driving, I thought I noticed the neighbors' yards and flowers.  Walking has opened up another whole beautiful world to me.  I saw this mailbox and wondered why I never noticed it before.  It is certainly different.  It looks like to me that it use to be a spigot.  Pretty cool, huh?


Still have not heard anything on the 2nd interview I had last week with the County.  They said they would make a decision by Friday or Monday latest, not a good sign.  Again I say, if it was meant to be it will be.

I'm glad you stopped by to visit.  Hope you enjoyed a my view.  See you next time.

1 comment:

HappyK said...

I'm loving this weather too. It is just perfect.
Walking certainly makes you see things that you wouldn't have noticed before. It's just one more reason why I like walking.
Hope you hear something about the job!! It would be nice if they called you either way, just so you would know.