Any reason to celebrate, right? That's what I say. We've had enough of Osama Bin Laden, high gas prices, shooting deaths, etc. in the news. Time to lighten up - Happy Cinco de Mayo! I'm celebrating Mexico's liberation with my favorite margarita - the Skinnygirl Margarita from Bethenny Frankel.
After yesterday's storms, we had a cold front roll in, which is fine by me. Summer - HHH (hazy, hot and humid) will be here soon enough. I'm reveling in this cooler weather. I decided to walk at 1pm today since my soap opera, All My Children (boohoo it's being cancelled after 40 years), was interrupted for the wreath laying at the World Trade Center...I could have caught that on the news, right? That's okay, it was a lovely day for a walk!
As I took my walk today, I noticed the county had cut down all the high grass (over 12 inches tall) in the parkland area of my street. Since budgets are being cut from top to bottom, I wonder how they managed to squeeze out some dollars to cut the grass? This must be the one time grass cut for the season...humm, I'll let you know. Hope our taxes don't go up for this one :(
What a beautiful day, a nice breeze too. I just boogied down the sidewalk with my iPod and a smile on my face. It is getting a bit easier walking each day. I'm going to try to walk all 7 days this week....no promises. I know I have to push myself.
Oh, I forgot to mention, look what I found at the grocery store. For 99 cents (yeah, I know, plus tax), I found this. They are perfect for my diet (pre-weighed and measured), for a light sandwich or even if I just want a lowfat snack....only 90 calories! I'm stocked up, I got ten of them in a variety of flavors (honey ham, roast beef, chicken, and as shown, the honey roasted turkey), hehe....they're yummy!
Upon arriving back home after my walk, I took a quick trip around the yard checking for any rainstorm damage. There were a few twigs on the lawn, that's normal. I was thrilled to see the Rhododendron was in bloom. I thought the winter had killed it as it is usually bloomed by now....with the Azaleas. I pruned it in March, it was hard to tell then if it would bloom. There were a lot of dead branches on it, use to be so much larger. I love purple flowers and plants, this is gorgeous to me.
Something struck me as a little odd. For two days now, the neighbors bird feeder has been laying in their yard. They even mowed their grass today and no one picked up the bird feeder in their back yard, very odd. The squirrels are loving the free meal for as long as it lasts.
With the relatives coming for Mother's Day on Sunday, we're going to be busier than an one armed paper hanger I think is how it is said. It was suppose to be sunny until this morning. The forecast changed to 60% chance of showers on Sunday. John said it could change again, he agreed we need a back up plan, just in case we can't spend the day outside.
John has tomorrow off. He was going to clean the deck of the whirlie birds this afternoon when he came home from work, unfortunately it was just too windy. His plan is to attack those whirlie birds tomorrow. We're also going grocery shopping tomorrow. This should be interesting, he hasn't grocery shopped with me in over 9 months. I'll have my cellphone camera handy for an update.
Thanks for peeking into a smidgen of time in my week. Leave me a comment, let me know how your life is going, I love hearing from you!






3 comments:
That is strange about the bird bath.
FYI - I learned that Cinco de Mayo is NOT independence day for Mexico but a minor holiday celebrating the winning of battle against France in 1862. It is more of a holiday here!!
Mexico's Independence Day is September 16.
Enjoy your day. : )
Check out the sodium content on the Buddig meats.
Great post with this and that! Thursday was a great weather day and I spent most of it outside. Your rhododendron is beautiful. I wish I had room for one. I wonder what's going on with that feeder? Maybe they've just given in to the squirrels?
Happy weekend.
Post a Comment