John is off Tuesday also. Since tomorrow is the cookout on the new grill, he wanted to get everything ready. John got the umbrellas out and set up, then brought out the new grill. He made sure the propane tank was hooked up correctly. "We should give the grill a practice run, use it for dinner tonight, make sure nothing goes wrong" I said. "That's probably not a bad idea" John responded. I had some steaks in the freezer, pulled them out and put them on the counter to defrost. John did a great job in setting up the deck. We have a patio umbrella that came with our patio set. We kept the umbrella we used for our (donated last March) hot tub.
As you can see in the background, the new grill is complete and ready to go. We spent most of the afternoon outside on the back deck after getting the rose bushes ripped out. It was hot and humid again, we were already sweating anyway. Ladies and Gentlemen....may I present, Grill Master! Notice the roses hanging growing over the ledge, they no longer exist.
Sadly, the old CharBroil grill is headed to the dump on Tuesday. John said he thinks the gas connector leaks. I guess he'd know, personally I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Does this look like an 11 year old grill?
The steaks were almost defrosted by 5pm with a little help from the microwave defrost setting for a few extra minutes. Those babies are headed for Grill Master....the anticipation of waiting for these luscious steaks, yum!
Ahhh, finally....ready! Glass of wine, a steak and some fries on the back deck. It doesn't get any better!!
Hope I haven't made you hungry. It's good to know the Grill Master will be fully functional for the cookout tomorrow. The test run was a success!
Bless those who lost their lives for our freedom, we are grateful, they will always be remembered for their sacrifice. Bless those who serve today, who are not with their families, keep them safe.
I am taking tomorrow off from Blogging World, I will post on Monday evening with an update of the cookout. Hope you have a safe and Happy Memorial Day weekend.










2 comments:
Your deck looks just great! All ready for a party.
I grilled again tonight and we ate outside. The weather was beautiful in the late afternoon evening.
Have a great Memorial Day!
Everything looks great. Have a wonderful time today. : )
Post a Comment