Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's Hot & Humid

According to our indoor weather station....

- at 4:25PM today, it was 79 degrees inside my house with 57% humidity.
- there was a low chance of showers.
- it was 92 degrees outside with 51% humidity.

This translates that it is Hot & Humid!!!  Our forecast is like the for the next week.  What happened to Spring?  I remember Memorials Days gone past where we were hoping for warm weather as we drove three hours to Ocean City, Maryland.  Most of the time it was cool and rainy....yeah, right, global warming.


Needless to say, I didn't get my walk in.  It was too darn hot by the time I got moving.  I'm still stepping though.  My pedometer goes on first thing in the morning and comes off as I get into bed.  Of course, I'm trying to catch as many steps as I can.  My highest steps this week was 5508 on Tuesday.  Yesterday, I got in a 20 minute walk and my steps were 3520, I think the pedometer must have got stuck, lol.  John gave me cash for a manicure and pedicure, which is where I went today.  My claws have been cut back.



When John arrived home, he decided he HAD to cut the grass.  I tried to convince him that it was too hot outside.  He said that we're only headed for hotter weather and the chance of thunderstorms are increasing each day.  He asked I bring him the bottle of Gatorade from the refrigerator about every ten minutes for him to gulp, of course I did, poor guy out there sweating.  The in-laws are coming again for a cookout Sunday, he wants to make sure the lawn looks good.   The first picture is the before the lawn has been touched.  I say it doesn't look bad at all.


Here's John as he passes by with the mower.


Oh, and he recycles the clippings.  The county picks up all yard debris weekly.


Here's the after picture of the lawn, is there REALLY a difference?  I don't see it, except for the mower tracks.


Pretty boring day today in my world, thanks for stopping by anyway.  How was your Thursday?  Hope it is cooler where you are.

2 comments:

Vee said...

It sounds as if your hubby is a lawn man. Mine isn't. Be grateful!

HappyK said...

I'm the one that has always done the yard work at our house, or I should say the old house. No yard here to mow.