Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Noah??

Back in the day, Bill Crosby did a recording between the Lord and Noah, who was the builder of the Ark.  This discussion "Noah", came to my mind considering the rain we've had recently.  It started raining here last Friday, it's been raining off and on every since.

Referencing yesterday's blog to identify the picture (reposted below).  Good guess ladies!  It is a helmet.  Someone had discarded it, for whatever reason, in a woodsy area where I walk.


I kept an eye on the sky and on the radar.  I wasn't sure I'd get a walk in today.  Just before noon time, I decided it looked clear enough to get in a walk.  I walked for 20 minutes today.  It was the same route that took me 30 minutes last Thursday.  I must be walking faster.

Although, last week we had glorious weather, no humidity and sunshine for five straight days (and no rain either).  I guess you have to take the good with the bad.  Here's what I came across in my walk today.


I decided walking in the wet grass was better than walking through the puddles.  Just I hit a corner, about 100 feet ahead was a lady walking three (3!) Golden Labrador Retrievers.  There wasn't room for all five of us on the sidewalk.  I was going to cross to the street to the opposite sidewalk, until she started to cross first.  As I past her, I turned around to get a quick picture.


As you can see, the sidewalk wasn't even large enough for just the dogs.  I did come across the perfect Christmas Tree or at least it reminded me of one.  It is a huge Evergreen.


So many flowers still blooming.  Purple is my favorite color, here's what I found in that color today.




I also found some lovely pink roses and peonies in full bloom.



I applied to seven jobs today.  Hope I hear back from at least one.  I received two notices in my email of jobs I had applied to and advised that I was not being considered further in the application process.  They never say why they don't consider me further.  They advised me that they will keep my resume on file for a year should another position become available that matches my skills.  Let's just say I won't hold my breath.

I watched some TV this afternoon too.  Hard to believe the Oprah is going off the air after 25 years.  Then again, a couple of soap operas are taking a hit too.  ABC has cancelled All My Children and One Life to Live after over 40 years.  It's all about new programming, reality TV and healthy shows.  I guess since Dr. Oz and The Doctors took off in the ratings, it's time to capture the housewives of America.  Speaking of housewives, I got hooked on the Bravo channel's Housewives series.  Oh my, last night was the premiere of Season 3 of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.  These women are nuts.  If you want reality TV, this is about as good as it gets.  I can't believe people behave this way, even if it is acting, it has me fooled.  The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills are my favorite, rich and classy, no fist fighting.

Time to get dinner started.  Thanks for joining me, not a very eventful day,  a small view into my world.  See you again soon.

2 comments:

HappyK said...

We are having the same weather.
You'll have to walk that way again at Christmas and see if they light up the tree!
Good luck with your continuing job hunt.

Cheryl said...

Yup. Same weather. I hope it's not raining tomorrow because I'm having outside work done.

That tree in front of the rancher is humongous. It dwarfs the house!