Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

No Thank You

I'll get the bad news out of the way first.  I retrieved the letter from my mailbox that arrived just moments ago from the county, which I had the second interview with last week.  "Competition for this position was intense with a number of exceptionally qualified individuals.  After careful consideration, we have selected another candidate for this position."  It goes on thanking me for my time and interest.  It isn't the only job in the world.  The one meant for me is out there, I'll find it.  I have a telephone interview tomorrow, they call it a screening.  I am an HR Manager with 28 years experience.  The position I'm being screened for tomorrow is an HR Assistant, a position I am over qualified for.  I'll be anxious to see if the recruiter recognizes it.  Right now, I'm applying to every position where I can meet (or exceed) the qualifications.  I know the right job for me is out there!

We're still having great weather here in Northern Virginia.  I am counting my blessings every day the weather stays like this.  I made some progress with my walking, and I must say, I am a bit proud of myself.  I've been walking 15 minutes a day, working my way up to eventually 30 minutes a day.  As you know, I'm out of shape.  The purpose of my journey is to get back in shape.  This week, I started to push a bit for a 20 minutes walk.  I've got control of my breathing now, which gave me the confidence to try for the extra five minutes.  On Monday, I didn't realize initially that I had walk the 20 minutes until I checked my watch.  I wanted to try it again yesterday, this time being aware of the time.  I was a bit panicky, as I began watching the watch as my steps and minutes ticked off.  I was out of breath by the time I got home.  Today, I wasn't out of breath so much, but I did work up a little sweat, which is find, it means I'm doing a little more.  I've found a great route in the neighborhood that is a perfect 20 minute walk.  I plan to stick with this route for the remainder of the week.  I might attempt 25 minutes next week, we'll see.  I have to remember to go slow, I don't want this to be physically painful.

Here are some pictures I captured along my walk today.  What I thought were Gladiolas are actually Irises according to my cousin.  I don't know my plant life very well, so please feel free to correct me.  Most of the time I'm taking a guess at what they are.  I am happy to share the beauty of it all.  Spring is the best season.  Here are some lovely white Irises, don't you think?


These are another unknown to me, but gorgeous.  I had to take this picture.


Near the end of their driveway, this owner had planted a group of Pansies and Marigolds.  Someone told me Marigolds are good for keeping the deer away.  These really caught my eye.


Most of the Azaleas are gone.  They've tuned into the green hedges of summer, except these.  I think the purple and pink are striking.


I am grateful my Rhododendron bloomed this year after the heavy wet snows we had this winter.  I lost several branches but at least they made it.  These folks were alot luckier, theirs remained full, so beautiful!


When I got home, I made myself some lunch and watched the noon news.  John's pickup truck is at the dealership for repairs.  He took my car to work.  I'm waiting for him to call to let me know he's heard from the dealership, and his pickup truck has been repaired and ready.  Here's my lunch, a salad, it was yummy!


I would love to share this with you.  Thanks for stopping by.  Those of you that have commented, I thank you for your support.  It means alot to me and helps keeps my attitude positive.  I hope you stick with me on this journey.  I'll let you know how tomorrow's phone interview goes, wish me luck!

3 comments:

Vee said...

Glad that you are keeping a good outlook. That makes ALL the difference. Your walking plan is working out so well. Now I have no excuse, except those nasty black flies, to not go walking myself. Are those unidentified flowers peonies?

HappyK said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job but like you said the right one is out there for you. Just enjoy your time off.
Glad you are enjoying your walks. : ) Don't be in a rush to add more time, I think being consistent is the main thing, the time will just creep up on its own. Having a mapped out route is a good idea.
All the flowers are just beautiful. Today is another one of those great days. I'm going for a hike at a park later today so haven't walked this morning.
Good luck with the phone interview.

Cheryl said...

I love walking around with a camera; you see things through different eyes.

Our sun has disappeared for a while. I'm glad that at least it's warm enough to be sitting outside on my porch. Do you have a covered area to sit at?