It is HOT, the forecast is for HOT, for the last two weeks it has been HOT...it is TOO HOT. Those of you who are local to me, you know what I mean. Those of you who are not, we've been in the 90s with heat indexes close to or reaching 100 degrees. Tomorrow is expected to be a record breaker, 100 degrees with heat index of 110 degrees, we'll see. The weather folks get all excited when a record might be broken. Half the country is experiencing this extreme heat. Are suffering in it too?
I've made several attempts to start this blog over the past few days, always an interruption. John called from Texas a little while ago, let me know he's heading out to dinner. Right now, thunderstorms are rolling in, I am proceeding anyway. It's just distant thunder, no lightening.
Update on my interview of last Wednesday. I had not heard from the recruiter as of this morning. I sent an email off asking for an update. This recruiter has put me on "ignore" before. To ensure I didn't receive the "ignore" treatment, I mentioned in my email that if I didn't get a response from her, I would presume there is no interest. In my job search this morning, I found the job her client posted online (she sent me the job description last week). I would apply directly to the client, if I did not hear from her. Within two minutes of sending my inquiry, she had responded....apologizing! She is very sorry it is taking the client so long. She had spoken with the client last Wednesday after our interview. She too was hoping to have heard something by now. I'm not sure if this is truth, I'll give the recruiter the benefit of the doubt.
I have an interview tomorrow with an IT company in Manassas, Virginia for their HR Specialist position. The company has been in business since 1996. I have a job description from the job posting, which fits my skill set. Again, we'll see. I don't want to get my hopes up, I certainly would be thrilled to get back to work.
Friday, John and I ran some errands, did laundry, and cleaned house. We invited some friends over for a cookout on Saturday afternoon/evening. Since John was flying out Sunday morning for a return (work) trip to Abilene, Texas, we made sure they understood it would be an early evening. Saturday morning, I went to meet my walking group. It was good to see everyone since we didn't meet last week because of the holiday weekend. I had my cellphone with me to take pictures, unfortunately, my battery died unknown to me until I'd taken my first picture (it was all dark since the shutter didn't open).
We had hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, baked beans and corn on the menu. I did well, I had one cheeseburger (with lowfat cheese), one hotdog, some beans and corn. I sent the leftovers home with our friends since John was flying out in the morning. They have two teenagers, no waste of food there.
John and I did enjoy some time together watching a rainstorm Friday afternoon. There is nothing better than a rainstorm to cool things off a little. The hostas appreciated the rain. This was the view from our porch chairs.
One of the errands I had to run was to get gas. I filled up, it's cheaper than it was last time, it is still ridiculous.
Thankfully, my car takes regular gas (Happyone, I know your vette takes Supreme gas). This was the cheapest place I've found gas in our area, it is averaging twenty cents a gallon higher at other local gas stations. This fill up cost me almost $50, still insane.
After the rain on Friday, the pretty sky appeared, like the air had been cleansed.
Last night, I could see the moon through the trees. I thought it would make a great picture. Unfortunately, I don't have the camera or the lens to do the beautiful shots you do, Vee. Nonetheless, I got to enjoy this view. I haven't checked the calendar, we must be close to a full moon.
The thunderstorm tonight is close, there's lightening with it and the thunder sounds as if it is directly over the house. I'd better sign off the computer before something blows up. Before I go, I'll leave you with a picture of my HUGE tomato plants!
2 comments:
Yes, it sure is hot. This mornings walk was the hottest one yet!
Luckily I don't have to commute to work so I don't really drive my car all that much so it is not so bad that I have to use the supreme. I probably still pay less money for gas than most people do!
Those tomato plants are looking good!
Yes, I am experiencing the same heat. The biggest problem for me is the air quality. When it is orange or red, I find it hard to get a deep breath.
Job searching is always such a bummer. I have been on both sides - hiring manager and applicant.
Unfortunately the hiring manager holds all the cards so to speak. They can take as long as they like and sometimes they never respond to those who they did not hire. When I was hiring folks, if I interviewed them, they got feedback. It is only fair if the applicant has set time aside for the interview. When there is a recruiter involved I am guessing they have a stake in placing you, so they should be interested in following up with the manager.
From your perspective, just keep looking and interviewing ... wait for no one to return an answer , just keep plowing ahead. Following up is good so they know you are interested, and sometime a thank you letter to the person you interviewed with is a nice touch, but in the end, just look out for yourself and keep looking and interviewing.
Something will play out in your favor.
Post a Comment