This is the sign at the beginning of the walking trail before we head into the trees. It goes into detail about how important it is to protect our land and water. Did I read it? Nope.
As we head into the trees, the sign reminding pet owners their dog must be on a leash (a little blurry too). I suppose a dog running out on the path without a leash would scare the bejeezus out of anyone, it certainly would me.Next up, we pass one end of the pond with all the lily pads. The pond looks very dirty, must be because we haven't had rain in awhile.
Continuing on, we pass the first footbridge. There are a total of three that we pass. I take the third and last footbridge because I take the shorter route/trail. The remainder of the group continued on to the top loop/trail beyond the pond. I hope to graduate to the larger loop by the end of the summer. Beyond the footbridge is the hill from hell. If I walked that hill daily, I'd have the butt I had when I was 20, just sayin.
After panting my way up the hill from hell, I keep going to view of the other side of the pond.
Coming to the end of the trail for me is a resting spot. I was tempted to stop and sit a spell, but I didn't, I kept going. Notice the purple Crape Myrtle in bloom just above the furthest bench.
Usually Pam (the trainer) walks with me on the shorter loop. Today, I walked the trail alone. Had I known I would be alone, I would have brought my iPod. Oh well, next Saturday, I will. It was about 5 minutes after I reached the parking lot I see the ladies were coming up the path. Rudy is very thirsty.
We said our goodbyes and we'd see everyone next Saturday. Once home, I had to take a peek at my tomatoes. They needed water and got some. It was such a nice morning, I ended up watering most of the backyard. Check, that task is off the list for a day or two. Laundry is the next task to tackle. I don't have a clothes line, I wish I did. John promised me we'd get one, we just haven't done it yet. In the mean time, this works for me.
For those of us on the East Coast who have been blessed to enjoy these past couple of days of low humidity and temperatures, it's been sheer heaven. Poor John who is still in Texas suffering in 100+ temperatures. They're now in their 35th day of 100+ degree heat, miserable....and it's headed this way by mid-week, ugh. It may be more than the tomatoes getting watered at my house. I've been known to turn the hose on myself.
4 comments:
It's great that you're still walking. Perfect that you're part of a walking group, and have such a nice area to walk in.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Looks like a nice place to walk. Before long you will be on the longer trail. How long is the longer trail?
I believe the longer trail is 1.5 miles, I'm not sure. I will check with one of the ladies more familiar with the trails and let you know!
Beautiful area. We are so lucky to have nice areas to walk in. I am not sure I would enjoy walking in the city. Maybe initially it would be nice - new sites to see - but nature can be repeated over and over again. Man's creations get boring.
Post a Comment