Tuesday was also the day of the interview. I'm not expecting to hear anything from the company until next week. I suspect it will be another "we chose another candidate" notification. I got a vibe based on the interview, she seemed preoccupied, barely interested in conducting the interview. Thank you for the well wishes, from your lips to God's ears.
Colleen and I spent the first day catching up and running errands. Unfortunately, my phone (camera) needed recharging, so didn't get many pictures. We went to the local Farmer's Market and walked around, we didn't buy. Their prices were very high. I also wanted to pick up some things at Shoppers Food Warehouse. We made a quick stop at Trader Joe's, the healthy grocery store. We returned home, unpacked and put away the groceries. I had some gift cards from restaurants that I wanted to use during her visit.
We headed out to lunch at TGI Fridays. We decided to try one of their cocktails with our meal. Colleen ordered a Margarita, I had a Mudslide Martini. My drink was very small, hers was very large. Colleen ordered a salad, I had a cheeseburger (since my grill chef is still in Texas). Both were good, her salad was larger than my cheeseburger, ha! It was mid-afternoon, happy hour. We had picked up some wine at Trader Joe's and uncorked a bottle. Such fun catching up, we talked until the wee hours after midnight. I happen to notice the almost full moon peeking through the trees.
We were late in getting up Thursday morning, finally getting moving after some coffee in us. Colleen spent some time relaxing on the deck before we headed out.
We have a wine superstore in Virginia called Total Wine & More (previously Total Beverage), it was a must see for Colleen. She was like a kid in a candy store, eyes as large as watermelons. I didn't count, but it looked like she purchased about ten bottles of wine, I purchased three. They have wine from all over the world. They have unusual beers along with the favorites at reduced warehouse prices.
I made a quick stop at the bank. I had one more gift card to use - lunchtime again, this time Ruby Tuesdays and their fabulous Endless Fresh Garden Salad Bar! We both opted for water with our salads, need to rehydrate after our late night. I wanted to go back through the salad bar for seconds. I knew I needed give my salad time to digest and settle, and I would be full. I resisted the second trip. What I couldn't resist is something I'd never seen on a dessert menu - cupcakes! I enjoyed a delicious red velvet cupcake. It's been years since I had a cupcake! We stopped by the local park on the way home, I wanted Colleen to see the history of the park. It was the Ellanor C. Lawrence Park that I visited at the beginning of my new journey in April.
Such a great visit, I was saddened when Colleen prepared to leave. I think it's been about a year since we've seen each other. We did as all best friends do, talked about the next time we'll get together. I hope it is one more time before summer is over. I could use a getaway trip to Annapolis, Maryland!
After Colleen left, I decided I need to get back to walking. Tomorrow is our Saturday Walking Group, I haven't walked all week. My new Pedometer arrived on Thursday from Amazon. I got the recommend brand and model for my needs, Omron HJ-112. The weather is just beautiful, low humidity and low 80s. Follow along with me and see what I found on my walk.
Some Morning Glory for our enjoyment.
I love the Crape Myrtle, which is full bloom right now, just gorgeous!
A fat cat resting on the grass curb giving me the once over as I walked by, I gave it right back with my camera.
What a lovely sports car. Today would be the day to take this baby out for a spin, put the top down and hit the highway. The owner of this barely drives it, he does keep it clean and always parked in the driveway.
These folks had a lovely summer wreath hanging between their double garage.
Look at the roots on this tree! John has a difficult time mowing our lawn with the roots we have. This tree is worse than ours.
Finally, wrapping up, we stop ands check the tomatoes. I'm excited, they're getting bigger!
Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend.
4 comments:
Love the look of those tomatoes.
Visits with friends always end too soon. Hope that you do get together again this summer.
Enjoy this lovely weekend...is it supposed to remain cooler with low humidity throughout? I think it is here, too.
Yes Vee, it is suppose to remain cooler here through Sunday. The heat and humidity will be back on Monday with temps all next week in the mid to upper 90s, unfortunately.
At first glance the cat in the picture looked like a fox!
It's is always great to spend time with friends. Glad the two of you enjoyed visiting.
Post a Comment