The sidewalk heading down my street was covered with leaves. It's a bit early for Fall. Looks like the lack of water has taken a toll on the trees, or at least some of them. Leaves covered the sidewalk. You can see the tree turning a golden brown.
I decided to take a side street and loop around to the next side street. Here's my view down the long sidewalk of the first side street.
Along my walk, I spotted some odd items, as I always do. I heard the phone company stopped delivering telephone books, apparently, they haven't here.
This is very odd, how could someone drop (or lose?) a sack of potatoes? Yesterday was trash day. I bet it was left behind by the trash truck. If left on the street, they'll probably be french fries by week's end when the temperature reaches 100 degrees, lol.
This house had a beautiful bush with red flowers on it. They weren't roses. They were like huge red lily pads. I didn't get close, from a distance, they looked like velvet.
As I headed back home after my 30 minute walk, I saw a woman coming at me on roller skates. I was on the sidewalk she was on the road. I tried to get a picture of her, she went by me too fast and turned a corner, she was gone.
After I walk, I have a certain amount of energy. If I sit down, I lose my momentum, so today, I kept going. I had to make the trip to Giant Food to pick up a couple of Newman's Own (frozen) pizzas for our Friday night pizza night.
Heading back from the grocery store, I went by the community pool. It didn't look busy today. Oh how I would have loved to have been there during the past two weeks. Unfortunately, our neighborhood pool is "members only". Apparently, memberships were assigned one per household when our subdivision was built in 1969 (we bought here in 2003). Back then it was up to the homeowner to sell or keep their membership to the pool. We were not offered a membership when we bought out house. We can "buy" a membership for $400 a summer - uh, no thanks. That's too expensive of a swim for us. John would never go, and I would go maybe once or twice during the week, never during the weekends when it is packed with screaming kids. Like most pools, it is only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, which is ashame since the weather for swimming here is actually May through October.
I picked up a salad from the salad bar at the grocery store for lunch. I also picked up more fruit. It was about 12:45 when I returned from the grocery store. I had my salad and decided to get the fruit cleaned and put away. I chopped the apples and made my fruit salad (apples, grapes, raisins, pineapple, chopped walnuts, pecans, and strawberries slathered with an ice cream scoop of Fat Free Cool Whip. I made a huge batch, that's my snack for the remainder of the week. By day's end, we reached a high of 95 degrees with no heat index, yay!
Thanks for joining me today, I enjoyed your company. Hope you enjoyed your visit.









2 comments:
I hope to get out for a walk outside today as well. May as well as the heat is coming back on Friday ... so they say.
It was very pleasant here yesterday too. Nice that you were able to get out and take a nice walk.
Post a Comment