Pages

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Beer Fridge

After three phone calls from Sears (two plus one from the delivery fellas), the Beer Fridge has arrived.  The huge delivery truck backed into the driveway taking out the branches that use to overhang our driveway.  They were broken and dangling.  After the refrigerator was plugged in and the huge delivery truck left, John and a I removed the dangling broken branches from the tree and dragged them to the backyard.  John chopped the branches into a reasonable length and threw them into the woods (his idea, not mine).  It was 96 degrees and extremely humid today, we were both sopping wet from sweat.


It's suppose to be the most energy efficient model Sears sells at 31 cubic feet.


As you can see John made good use of the space.  We also keep Gatorade, water and wine in the Beer Fridge.


I'm still learning to use the camera on my new phone.  Better picture taking comes with time, patience.

I went on the interview yesterday to meet the recruiter, Virginia.  It poured down rain for about an hour.  I was glad for the rain, we need it so badly (just when I had an interview scheduled).  The job sounds like a perfect fit for me.  A small start up company of 45 people, who have never had a Human Resources person on staff.  That said, there's also work there to be done.  Virginia feels the job is a good fit for me as well.   Virginia will be in touch with me as soon as the interview with the client is scheduled for next week.  I didn't hear from Virginia today...humm, is this a bad sign?

Here's the building where Virginia's office is located.  She informed me it was shared office space...times are tough all over.



I have another interview scheduled for Tuesday next week with a company about ten miles down the road.  Seems like the interviews are coming in spirts.  It is either one interview after another or the phone doesn't ring for weeks, go figure (feast or famine?).   I count my blessings, at least the phone is ringing.

7 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Something perfect will turn up.

Cheryl said...

I hope you find the perfect job. I think it's going to happen soon.

Debbie said...

I hope your phone keeps on ringing and that you find the job that is just right for you!

HappyK said...

I too hope that this is the job for you. Good luck.
Room for any Guinness in that new fridge? : )

Noofy said...

There's always room for Guinness in the Beer Fridge, that's the Corvette of beers! ;-)

Vee said...

It's going to happen. It's just a matter of time and not getting discouraged.

Oh I'd love to have a spare fridge on hot days like these. While we don't drink much beer, we do love a flavored water, lemonade, iced tea and lots of ice cubes.

Stay cool now...

Noofy said...

Thanks for the kind words of support, Vee. I know eventually I will get a job, it's the waiting that is driving me nuts. I go back and forth between anger and discouragement. The support helps and is appreciated.

Yes, a spare fridge is certainly handy. We call it the Beer Fridge, as I mentioned earlier, we put just about all our liquids in there, Gatorage, water bottles, green tea, along with the alcoholic beverages.