Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Imagine

Imagine today's weather staying like this all year round that would be my wish.  Another day with 40% humidity reaching a high of 91 degrees later this afternoon.  This morning was perfect, crystal clear blue sky and a slight breeze.  At 9:45am and a balmy (almost) 79 degrees, I headed out for another walking day.




I apologize for my pictures, some came out a little blurry, so don't think your eyesight is going - it's my pictures!!  As always, I want to share some the beauty and oddities I came across.  Isn't this Crepe Myrtle and Black Eye Susan one of Mother Nature's prettiest handiwork?


One of the neighbors has his own painting business and works out of his house.  He had a bright yellowish van he uses for transportation and jobs.  The van recently received a paint job itself.


Continuing on my walk, ahead I saw the sidewalk was blocked.  When I got closer, this is what I find.



It's a cement mixer.  The side of the van "Dura-Stone" was parked next to the cement mixer.  Looks like some one is getting a new driveway.

Today, it was so nice, I walked to the very end of the street, it was another beautiful 30 minute walk today.  Looks like a long sidewalk, right?


One driveway I passed, this surprised me.  Mulch season is over, that happens in the spring.  Maybe that pile has been sitting there for a few months?  One of those thing that make you go "hummmmm".


Here's another one that had me saying "hummmm".  At first I thought it was as swing.  Looking closer, I believe it is a planter without a plant.  The holes are too small to put a child's leg through.


My last picture of "hummmm" is corn growing in the FRONT yard?  Notice the rocking chair on the front porch.


I'll bunch the flowers pictures together, they are too pretty not to post.




John came home a few hours early today informing me he's taking the rest of the week off, although he is "on call" if needed.  He decided to wash his pickup truck and gave my car a washing too.  He also gave the Hostas by the lamp post a drink while he had the hose handy.


I found my first ORANGE tomato today (yay)!!  Won't be long now before they all start turning, then again, maybe not all at once.


I got a call for an interview tomorrow morning.  This is for an administrative position, part-time with the county.  I'll say it again, if this is meant to be, it will be.  I refuse to get my hopes up.  Seems once the interviewer sees that I'm over 50 years old, the "thank you for your time" letter (or email) follows shortly - coincidence?  I bet is doesn't happen to men of the same age as often, I'm just sayin.

Ugh, the humidity returns tomorrow.  I've enjoyed these past couple of days getting out and walking.  I don't have a treadmill, wish I did.  I'm not going walking before my interview tomorrow morning at 7:30am, maybe afterwards.  We'll see what tomorrow brings and thankful for a new day.

4 comments:

Vee said...

So glad that the weather is a bit more under control...nice humidity levels for sure! It does make a gal feel like walking or, in my case, finishing the afghan.

Retired Knitter said...

Gosh, I hope your camera is alright! Three weeks of repair for mine (gone from my sight), and my hands are beginning to shake just like your pictures. :-)

I hear you on the over 50 problem when looking for a job. I experienced a bit of that myself in my 50s so it is real. Illegal but real.

At least you are getting alot of calls. Your resume and experience must be pretty good. Something will come up eventually. You have a very healthy attitude regarding this job search.

HappyK said...

Good luck with the job interview. Maybe this will be the one. : )
It was still nice walking early this morning!!

Cheryl said...

I bet your tomatoes are going to turn red all at once! Maybe I'll try it next year. My problem is that I really don't have a great place to grow them.

The humidity came back today, but it was still so much better than last week.

Hope today was a good day!