I put on my new pedometer today and took two two 15 minute walks. My first one was at 9:30am, it was a bit warmer and more humid than yesterday, but a nice breeze, not too bad at a nice 72 degrees.
With the iPod in my ear, camera phone in my pocket and pedometer on my waistband, I'm armed and walking! I saw so many lovely things, I am not going to post all the pictures I took (yes, you are spared too many more boring pictures). I did come upon a cherry tree that seemed to be half cherry tree and half dogwood. I don't recall the leaves on a cherry tree turning white or a dogwood tree turning pink. Whatever, it looked odd to me.
So many of the lawns are really greening up, and of course, everything is in such beautiful bloom. I recalled another blogger, Vee, who had posted her potted tulips. These tulips I saw this morning are pastel and look like they've opened recently. In my opinion, these are just gorgeous, I hope you think so too.
This next house I wondered if the owners did this on purpose or they never gave it a thought. They have beautiful Azalea bushes in front of their house, which are a nice bright red. They also have a beautiful bright red front door. I thought it matched very well...hummmm.
I continued on home, it was starting to get warmer and I was working up a sweat, that's a good thing (I can just imagine the pounds falling off, ha!). I posted the first picture below of my peony plant on Monday, the 18th. The second picture I took today....can you say WOW!! I can't believe the growth!
John took the day off today, he had a dentist appointment this afternoon. Since he has been working twelve hour days under a deadline, he thinks he may not have to charge vacation time for the day off. Anyway, since we knew rain was in the forecast, he wanted to get the deck cleaned up so the wheelie birds (or helicopters) don't stick to everything. I can't believe the difference, can you?
Unfortunately, after the brief thunderstorm we just had, all that was, is. Tis that time of year when everything just falls out of the trees. I waiting until about 12:30 to go on my afternoon walk. I knew with the storms coming, I needed to get out again while the coast was clear. What a difference in temperature in a couple of hours, right?
I walked the other direction on my street. I didn't get to stay on one side like I'd hoped. Apparently, some neighbors are moving out and the moving van was there. Much of what those folks owned was strewn over their front yard and sidewalk waiting to be loaded onto the truck. There were only two guys that I saw. Maybe they were waiting for more help to arrive. I crossed the street and kept going. When I checked my watch, I had walked 20 minutes instead of 15, I didn't realize it, I guess that tells me that I must be getting use to walking again.
The storms seemed to have blown right past us, we had a quick downpour, that was it. It's only a little after 7pm, and according to my new pedometer, I think I've done well for myself walking today. I walked 3876 steps so far. I'm kinda anxious to see what I end up with at the end of the evening.
Thanks for joining me today, we're making progress!
UPDATE - I forgot to mention, I got a call back today on the interview with the county I had on April 13th. They want to see me again May 4th (prayers and fingers crossed graciously accepted please :)










2 comments:
Oh good! Call backs are always good. Yes, your stamina is increasing if you didn't even notice how long you'd been walking. That's also good. Loved seeing all those tulips in that tulip border. I'd love to have as many as that. Glad that nothing came of the storm.
I am so happy that you are walking and that I had some small part in motivating you. : )
Some day you just might have to make yourself go home because you will prefer to be walking.
Good news that you got called back for another interview!!
Prayers are on the way!!
Post a Comment