Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

H H H

HAZY, HOT and HUMID are the words for the day in Northern Virginia.  This will be a very short post.  Not much going on in my world today.  I went for my morning walk about 10am, it was 77 degrees.  I felt like a dog panting, I was miserable.  I was happy to walk in my door just to keep from passing out.  Needless to say, I made the decision to scratch my afternoon walk and opted for The Beast (stationary bike).  Note to self, get an earlier start walking.  I have trouble getting started in the morning.  I enjoy my cup of coffee and the news and weather on the TV before I do anything.  I did decided to get the sheets washed today, the day has not been wasted.  As I mentioned before, I don't leave the house with the washing machine running.  I'll get a walking routine going, promise!  I have the local Walking Group meeting tomorrow, we'll see what that's all about.  The organizer said in her message she wants us all to be "accountable to each other".

While I was out this morning, I did notice these beautiful Azaleas.  They were all lined up nice and pretty in a row and ready to bloom.  I thought I'd share this with you.


I had forgotten that I saw a lady walking her dog.  The dog was a young beagle.  He was walking her if the truth be know.  He was in a hurry to go somewhere, probably home to a nice cool house, like me.  We both had that panting look.

I also spotted this, it was glistening at me.  I couldn't imagine who had painted this so perfectly.  In my day, I remember these being painted all one color - RED.  This almost looks hand painted.  Doesn't it look shiny?


I'm going to find the oscillating fan and get more ice water.  Thanks for stopping by, stay cool!

1 comment:

HappyK said...

That is the way I remember fire hydrants when I was a kid - red and silver. I like them better than the yellow of now. I haven't seen a red and silver one in years.
I will keep my new shows, just not use them for my walking shoes. If my shoes aren't good for my first walk, I don't ever wear them for walking again. You shouldn't have to break in shoes.
No, we don't have renters in the old house. We still use it for storing some things and my husband likes to go over there and use the garage and wood shop. Someday we will sell it just aren't ready to yet.
I washed my sheets today too. : ) I love going to bed on freshly laundered dried outside sheets.
Good luck with your walking group tomorrow.