We had a record breaker today, we reached 86 degrees. It is just after 7pm and we're still at 84 degrees. Mother Nature exceed expectations (fooled the weather forecasters) of 75 degree predictions. I thought it was a nice surprise, the cashier, not so much. "I prefer it cooler, I can always put on more clothes to keep warm. When I'm warm, I can only go down to no clothes, and I don't think they want me working in here with no clothes on" she said jokingly. I noticed pulling in that the trees in their parking lot were in bloom.
I got home and put away the groceries with 45 minutes still to spare until my appointment with Morgan. I ate an apple and decided to head on out. On my way, I remember last week passing a tree that was in full bloom. I made a mental note that I would stop next time I passed that tree and take a picture. Isn't it perfectly formed?
A little further down, someone had planted a small blooming tree in their yard. You can always tell a young tree when it still is tied to sticks to hold it up. It was in full bloom. I couldn't resist stopping to take a picture of this one too.
On to my nail appointment. While I was selecting a color for my toes, Morgan came to greet me. She's such a lovely girl, always a happy disposition. She asked if I was still unemployed, I told her I was. I did tell her about my two interviews and the result of one of them. She said she hopes I find something soon (so do I). She probably would like to see me more than once a month. I use to go every other week when I was working. That girl gives such a great massage on my arms and legs (for manicure and pedicure). She didn't disappoint this time either. She painted little flowers on my big toes. Aren't they pretty?
One thing about Morgan is she's fast too. She had me in and out of there in about an hour. We are also out of Diet Cokes. I've decided to cut back on my consumption, which use to be one every other day. Now I just use Diet Coke if I want to make a Rum & Diet Coke, which is usually a Friday and/or Saturday night at home. John likes to have his daily shot of caffeine, he doesn't drink coffee.
Since I had some time on my hands, I decided to swing into Shoppers Food Warehouse (SFW), just for a quick Diet Coke check. Maybe I would get lucky and there would be some leftover from the weekend even though their delivery is only Tuesdays and Thursdays. No Such Luck! They had Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite and Dansani water.
You can see where the Diet Coke is suppose to be, right? The forecast for tomorrow is 100% chance of rain until the afternoon. Happyone heard the best day for grocery shopping is Wednesdays when shelves have been restocked from being depleted the previous weekend and ready to go for the following weekend. There will still be Diet Coke on the shelf Wednesday at SFW. It will give me more time to print coupons too.
That was my day, nothing exciting just productive. If I decide to blow off the grocery shopping tomorrow for Wednesday trip instead, there is always the laundry and other chores that I can get done tomorrow. Hope your day was a good one, thanks for joining mine.






4 comments:
It was the best day! What a treat...one that we really needed. I don't care that tomorrow will be rainy. Of course it helps that I'll be inside working :)) I got to spend lots of time outside.
Yesterday sure was gorgeous. I can't believe someone actually complained about it!!
The perfect tree looks like a Bradford Pear?
You know, I've never had a manicure or a pedicure in my entire life!!!
I had my first manicure a few months ago. Never again! (I actually found it painful.) And I'm not letting anywhere near my toes. I do think your toes look great! Love those little flowers.
So are you in Happyone's corner? Have you met?
@Cheryl - I have no problem if the remainder of the summer remains as it was on Monday, right?!!
@Happyone - who complained, what is the matter with people??? Perfect tree could be a Bradford Pear, I don't know much about plants and trees. I'm all about the color. You must treat yourself at least once to a manicure and or a pedicure at least once.
@Vee - you went to the wrong person. I've had a few of those, you don't go back. Ask friends/family, go to someone who is more gentle. Thanks for the compliment on the flowers. Happyone is about 1.5 hours away from where I live. Cheryl and Happyone live in Maryland (east of Washington, DC), I am in Northern Virginia (about 12 miles west of Washington, DC). We're all part of the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area, consisting of close to 2 million people (someone told me) mostly Government employees or those who have a connection to the government, like subcontractors and plenty of politicans (and lobbyists). We have "The Beltway", a 12 lane divided highway (6 each direction), which circles Washington, DC.
Post a Comment