Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

If It Doesn't Kill You...

"If it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger" my father use to say to me as a child each time I would complain about how sore I was from doing chores (remember we were a military family).  All grown up and exercising, which I have not done in a long time, I feel like I'm dying ~ goodness I'm sore!  Okay, that said, I'm stronger too, yeah, I know.

My plan was to walk this morning before the rain came, I didn't make it.  I decided to add the time and temperature icons to my blog ~ thank you Vee for your help, it worked!  It took several attempts to figure out how to do it.  I didn't think it would take the time it did.  I looked out the window and saw rain.  I pulled up the radar on my computer and saw this.


Poked my head (and camera) out the front door, yep, it's raining.  I wish this weather would stabilize.


Well, no walking today.  Unlike Happyone, I don't like walking in the rain, unless it is warm.  It was 41 degrees this morning.  I was going to mount The Beast.  The Beast was my previous attempt at weight loss.  From September 22nd through November 22nd 2010, I rode The Beast for 30 minutes day, five days a week.  Nothing, never lost a pound.  Prior to starting The Beast, I ask John for his input and instruction as he was using it too.  After 60 days and no change, John said "you must be doing something wrong."  How do you ride a stationary bike (The Beast) wrong?  I don't think John has lost any weight using it.  He doesn't use it consistently, maybe twice a week.  He says it keeps him tone (ha!).


While riding The Beast isn't walking, it at least keeps my legs moving and gives me a little exercise (it keeps me tone too).  Once I finished updating my blog page with the new clock and weather icons, it was almost 11am.  I didn't eat anything this morning, I forgot again.  I'm going to have to put a note by my vitamins, which I take daily, to remind me to eat something light.  Do you take vitamins?


Right now (knocking on wood), I don't take any medications.  Although, I haven't been to a doctor for a checkup in two years.  I suppose if I go back, they'll want to put me on blood pressure medicine.  I resisted the suggestion two years ago, when I asked if it was "necessary" and was told that my blood pressure was a little high.  I asked around, several friends my age, about 8 out of 10 said they were taking blood pressure medicient, John takes it too.  I remember both my parents were on it.  I think doctors don't try to treat the cause, they treat the result.  Hello doctors, do you think over weight might cause high blood pressure???  Don't get me started on doctors who don't care, no wonder there is a health care issue in this country.  Operative word (to the doctors) is CARE!!  If you have a doctor who cares, keep them, they're rare.

Moving along, I made a salad for lunch and had some grapes and an apple, looks yummy right?


I'll find what works for me, I'm determined!  I couldn't resist taking a picture of the Azalea when I poked my head out the door.  It has popped this past week, just in time for Easter.


Your visit brought a little sunshine into my rainy day, thanks for being here and brightening my day.

2 comments:

HappyK said...

Yes, I do take a vitamin pill - One A Day for women.
Knock on wood - I too don't have to take any medication and I owe it all to my morning walks.
Another rainy day but as they say April showers bring May flowers. : )
Enjoy your day.

Cheryl said...

I love how you describe your days. It's inspiring and makes me want to do the same. I used to be so good and write everyday. I hope to get back to that.

Hope your weekend was great!