Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Best Laid Plans

In trying to keep with my daily exercise walk, I got up this morning, showered, had some coffee and slipped into my walking shoes.  It was cloudy outside, chance of rain called for was 50%.  Looking at the sky, what do you think?


Since I'm just beginning my routine, my walks are short.  I figured I could make it out the door and walk for a short time.  Just as I was heading to the door, I heard what sounded like rain, so much for that.  The best laid plans...


In (somewhat) following Fitness Magazine's suggestions for workouts, I performed some of these workouts.  I couldn't do them all, but it was enough to be me stretched and cardio going.  A short time later, the sun was back out.  I had already started a load of laundry.  I wanted to be sure the wash was completed before I left the house for my walk....ever come home and find your house flooded by the washing machine?  I have, once, lesson learned.  I love Prevention (online) Magazine, they send daily tips for all sorts of stuff (i.e, workouts, iPod playlists, recipes, beauty, health, and weight loss tools).  If you think you are interested in fitness, I encourage you to give them a look see.  On my walk, I came across this plant(?).  It might be a wild Azalea (it's a pinkish red color), that's only my guess, I welcome yours.


Walking up the driveway, I passed my car....ewww, it looked terrible, covered in pollen.  The little rain we had didn't do my car much good.  Look at all the pollen (and my reflection) on the car.  My car is black, now with a yellowish (pollen) tint.


I'll wash the car when pollen season ends.  The pollen doesn't bother me too much, John is really bothered by it.  No sense in cleaning the car in pollen season, it just goes right back to looking like this again in a day or two.  Pollen season lasts about a month or so.  I looked up at the Dogwood tree next to the driveway, it looked so pretty.  I couldn't resist taking this picture.  It is just about in full bloom.


I finished up the laundry, folded everything and put it away.  It started to get overcast again.  I checked the radar online and showers were headed this way again.  The rest of the afternoon I had some mending I needed to finish.  I remember my jeans had a hem torn.  I got out the needle and thread and repaired the hem.  It wasn't enough sewing to get the sewing machine out.  It was too late to attack the closets to get them changed out and separated for donation.  Tomorrow is 50% chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.  Perhaps I can get my errands done in the morning and get to the closets in the afternoon tomorrow.

If the weather would settle down, it is my plan to take two short walks a day.  One in the morning and one in the afternoon.  It is recommend (by Fitness Magazine) to start with 30 minutes of walking a day, five times a week.  Since I'm starting off slowly (because I'm out of shape and old too), I'm going to try 15 minutes twice daily.  I haven't accomplished that yet, it's my plan.

Nice to have you along today, see you on your next visit, and until then, be good to yourself.

1 comment:

HappyK said...

Yes, I have come home from walking and found my that my washing machine had overflowed. I NEVER go out with it on anymore!!
I think you're right that being an Azalea.