They like me so much and have missed me at the neighborhood grocery store. They've posted a sign welcoming me, I smile each time I see it.
Something new they've posted. They have made a promise and put it in writing.
It was an uneventful day, not that grocery shopping is eventful, but it gets me out of the house and moving. In addition to gas going up, the news said tonight that groceries are also going up. Have you checked the cost of hamburger meat or chicken lately???? I'm sticking with my promise to only by fruits in season. I was spending way too much this winter buying fresh fruit, even the frozen variety was as expensive. I didn't buy any meats or milk today, just odds and ends...and some fruit. Does this look like $154.42?
I did have to stop and get gas, wallet pinch again. To fill up my 16 gallon tank with REGULAR GAS today I paid $50.04 (and I was just above 1/4 tank before the fill up)!!! Here's the prices today at my local gas station.
I had one more stop to make at the CVS drug store. The pollen here is getting insane. The pollen bothers John alot. He asked me to pick up some allergy eye drops for him, I got the last box.
Once home I got the groceries unloaded and put away. I like to rinse off my fruit and put it in the refrigerator. I cut up my strawberries in hopes they'll make it through a couple of my snack times. I found one odd strawberry, this one has quite the tail don't you think?
I did a little dusting this afternoon and then turned on Oprah to watch her and her best friend, Gayle. Gayle has been the guest who has visited Oprah the most (imagine that). They showed some clips what the two best friends have been through together over the years (surprises and embarrassments). Oprah's producers put in a nice interview of Stedman (Oprah's man) talking about how close Gayle and Oprah have grown over the past 35 years, they talk almost every day. He referred to Gayle as "one of the family".... awww. Oprah was surprised to see the video interview since Stedman doesn't given interviews.
I started dinner after Oprah finished the countdown of show 25 left until she signs off. John was home shortly after dinner was ready, he was very tired. Rain expected tomorrow, late morning. I plan to get a walk in before the rain. I'll ride the beast for 15 minutes in the afternoon.
Hope you will continue to join me on my journey, I like your company.






1 comment:
Walking is walking wherever you do it. : )
I haven't watched Oprah in years and years. I don't even know who Gayle is! Pretty bad huh?
That gas sign picture could have been taken down the road from me too!
A happy day to you.
Post a Comment