Pages

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Spring is Coming

John had mentioned earlier in the week he wanted to get out in the yard on Sunday to get it cleaned up a bit more for Spring.  Today was suppose to be the nicer of the two days.  I suppose it was, it just wasn't warm enough.  We reached 59 degrees, the average for our area for this date is 62 degrees.  Perhaps we've been spoiled by the few warm days we've had.  It was a bit windy and overcast.  John preferred to stay inside and watch the NASCAR race.  I watched a movie on LMN and a couple of home improvement shows.  I was good with staying inside today, no yard energy.  My back doesn't look forward to days in the yard.  Although, seeing the results of a day spent in the yard is rewarding.  I decided to take a walk around the yard to see what wonders the three days of rain this week worked.  I found my hostas out the front door have sprouted higher.


There is a small garden beyond the deck that existed prior to us buying the house in 2003.  I've added a few things and ripped out a few things over the years.  Here is the lamb's ear that has come back.  Odd name, but fits, obviously by its shape, and it also has a furry feel to it.  I had to rip it out once about two years ago.  The stuff is wild, it grows like a weed and will take over the garden if it isn't cut back.  I will have to keep my eye on it this year as well.


I posted the pictures of my two budded daffodils by the shed.  When wandering back there, I found another daffodil with two buds in it.  Spring is coming.


Lastly, I found this, I'm not sure what it is.  Whatever it is, it has decided to join the Spring celebration and will be here in bloom before long.  I will post a picture when it blooms.  Perhaps by that time, we'll know what it is (I'm open to comments!).


Tomorrow is suppose to be ridiculously warm, close to 75 degrees...we'll see, hope so.  I think tomorrow I will pay a visit to the nail spa, my nails are just awful, maybe a pedicure too.  I'm still planning my grocery trip for Tuesday.  The precipitation chances have increased to 80% for the morning and 30% for the afternoon.  If it rains in the afternoon, looks like it will be Wednesday before I make it to the grocery store, oh well no biggie.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend, mine was certainly quiet and relaxing.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

HappyK said...

I love the feel of lambs ear. I don't really have a yard here at the townhouse but at our other house there is. When we lived there I had beautiful gardens but now I'm trying to make things simple so I just have to mow. Easier to take care of that way.

I will be going food shopping Wed. I read somewhere that Wed is the best day for that. It is after the weekend when most people go, and they start to restock on Wed to get ready for the next weekend. Don't know how true that is. Wednesdays just seem to work out for me.

Cheryl said...

I wonder if that plant is hyacinth? Time will tell :)