People were practically dancing in the streets here because the Government didn't shut down. The Cherry Blossom parade scheduled for today went off without a hitch. All the museums were open, there was a kite flying event on the Washington Monument grounds. The only people that weren't happy were the politicians, including the Mayor of Washington, DC. Apparently, somewhere in the city's history it was decided that the city's budget fell in with the Government's budget. So, although approved by Congress sometime last year, the 2011 DC budget was tied into the Government shutdown. Citizens of DC were very angry, the largest impact was trash removal, and of course, furloughed city employees. As I anticipated, at the 11th hour (literally), Congress agreed on an extension, until sometime next week for budget resolution (lol).
Yard Growth
It rained all day Saturday and was cloudy/overcast most of today with a high of 64 degrees. Tomorrow is suppose to be our whopper day of the week, 85-90 degrees expected with late afternoon thunderstorms. It will feel like a day in June. I was going to hold out and take some pictures of the plant growth tomorrow. Instead, when the sun peeked though late this afternoon, I grabbed my camera and headed out for a walk around the yard. More Hyacinth growth, very pretty, don't you think?
The Peony is coming up quickly as well. Wait until you see the blossoms on this sucker.
I'm going to make a run to Lowe's or Home Depot tomorrow for Deer Repellent for my hostas. I can tell the deer are starting to come around for their snack (my hostas). Can you see the hostas starting to poke up by the shed?
These are the hostas from the side of the house. I can see where they are being nibbled.
Figured I'd check the rain gauge and empty it. We got a little over half an inch of rain. We're still in our April showers. The numbers are a little worn on the side from taking the glass tube out of the bunny holder when checking and emptying.
This is the rain gauge holder...bunnies, of course! :)
And finally, the thorny wild rose bushes are still looking ugly. I'm embarrassed to post this picture. I wanted you to have an idea of what I've been talking about. I told John, we need to tackle them soon.
For the first time this year, we broke open the grill. We cooked steaks on the grill ~ delicious! I'm so thrilled with tomorrow's forecast. If it is the kind of day it is suppose to be, I might get my iPod out, put my tennis shoes on and hit the local park to see what adventure I can find. Hope your weekend was enjoyable, appreciate your visit with me.







1 comment:
Well, you got your nice warm sunny day.
I have a similar rain gauge but a fish is holding it. The glass broke though so I have to replace it.
Enjoy your sunny day.
Post a Comment