Today I did it, I went walking twice today!! I'm commiting to 1) walking or exercising daily (5 days/wk), and 2) the exercise adds up to 30 minutes daily. I've decided the best way for me to tackle this goal is to walk twice daily for 15 minutes each. Today's forecast is for a sunny morning with thunderstorms in the afternoon, temps mid-80s. I put on my sneakers, grabbed my iPod, keys and cellphone (to take pics) and headed out. This morning's 15 minute walk was around the neighborhood again. I went out at 10:30 it was already 74 degrees. Come with me, see what I discovered on my walk. I came across this beautiful pink (cherry?) tree, I had to take a picture.
I suppose these people have children or grandchildren, this tree is so cute. You can't see it in the picture, but one egg was on the ground, it was behind one of the rocks.
Sadly, I came across something I hadn't seen in several years. Looks like someone was angry with someone else. If it rains, this is going to be a mess. You got to feel sorry for these folks.
I got home and decided to keep moving, I tackled the closets (halfway). Initially, I just thought I'd change from summer to winter, but I can't, there isn't space. What I have to do is start folding and bagging clothes for donating. That is a rainy day project, Friday is forecasted for rain. I was worn out from walking and moving clothes. I normally don't eat in the mornings, never have. Everything I've been reading (and Dr. Oz too) says we should eat within an hour after we wake up. I had forgotten to do that on my road to healthiness this morning. I made a salad for lunch. It wasn't filling, salad never is for me, but hey, I'm getting healthier!
I needed to pick up some Easter cards so I went to CVS. I also picked up some chocolates for my mother-in-law, we're meeting her Sunday at a restaurant for brunch. Back home, I figured I'd head out for my afternoon walk, it was 2pm and 84 degrees, it was hot. I usually have my hair in a ponytail, today it was down, I forgot to put it up before I went out. I wished I had remembered. There is a baseball park down the street, I wondered if there were walking trails around the baseball park. I went to investigate. I found some pathways that connected the different fields, but not really walking paths. There were some young girls playing on one field.
I came across this as well, not sure what it was (is?). I looks like it will grow later in the year, I'll return and maybe identify it, unless you already know?
I walked around to the different ball fields through the various paths, seeing where each lead, which was only to that field. I pulled out my cellphone to check my walking time, I had been walking for 20 minutes. I knew it was longer, I was breathing harder, maybe because it was hot, probably because I'm so out of shape. Oh and what do you know, the thunderstorms never showed up!
Walking up to my porch, I couldn't believe how big my hostas were getting. I won't put in a picture, just know they're huge already and still growing! Here is a picture of my front porch.
It's so nice in the summer time to sit out on the porch. John and I grab our favorite beverage and light the citronella candles (keeps bugs away), it is relaxing. Sitting on my window sill by the front door is a reminder to all who visit.
I think when the weather stays warmer all the time, I'm going to have to adjust my walks to early morning and mid-morning before the afternoon sun comes. I was exhausted and sweating by the end of my afternoon walk. One thing I must remember is that it will get easier if I stick with it on a daily basis. I have to stay motivated. I joined a walking club, the first meeting is next Tuesday.
Hope you enjoyed our adventure today, I know I did. Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.







3 comments:
Do you have a place for a hummingbird feeder that you could see from your porch? And your porch looks very much like my parent's in Bowie. I love your pictures from yesterday. Wasn't it a great sky day? Good for you for walking. I wish I had the motivation!
Yesterday was a great day for walking! But then again I think every day is great for walking. : )
Enjoyed all your pictures.
I eat breakfast after I get back from my morning walk. I was going to say that I always eat breakfast, but yesterday I forgot to eat it!
Good job, Noofy! Are you going to keep a mileage thing going, too, or are you sticking with time? Some very pretty trees on your walk and one pretty tree though not decorated nicely. Too bad someone didn't catch whoever in the act.
Post a Comment