Pages

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Grocery Day & Flowers

I rolled out of the driveway about 9:55am and about ten minutes later into Shoppers Food Warehouse (SFW) for the Diet Cokes.  Looky, looky!!  Right where they weren't on Monday, now waiting for me.


I usually buy four six-packs of the bottles.  With the warmer weather, I figured I might buy and extra six pack, not like it will go to waste anyway, right?  Got them all loaded in the trunk of my car and ready to head to the other grocery store.


Am I the only one who walks back and forth from one end of the grocery store to the other because I forgot something on the other end?  Today was a doozie.  The refrigerated section where the butter/margarine, eggs, milk stuff like that is where I begin.  I am armed with my list so I buy what we need and try to stay away from the impulse buys.  As I cruise the aisles, I find what I need and keep going.  I'm looking for the 95% Hebrew National Fat Free Beef Hot Dogs, can't find them anywhere.  I just bet they put them over in the refrigerated section where I first came in rather than back by the meat section where I was.  Back to the other side of the store, in the refrigerated section, I ask the shelf stocker "where are the hot dogs?" he says "over in the meat department."  UGH!!!  Back to the section where I was previously and didn't see them.  Right as rain, there they were, next to the lunch meat!  I was done, I'd got everything on my list.  Does this look like $251.54?  I had $28 worth of coupons.  Sadly, I don't remember anything in that basket costing less than $2.


Headed home at 12:11pm.  Got the car unloaded, groceries unpacked and put away, me time!  I opened up my computer and checked my email.  There was the interview confirmation for next week's interview.  I got a phone call yesterday from the county, who said I had responded to their job posting last January and was I still interested and available.  We scheduled my interview for next Wednesday (April 13th) at 1pm.  I was asked to bring a sample of my writing.  Maybe I should bring some of my blog postings - Kidding!!

It is another nice day, just not as warm as Monday.  It's 3:30 and I just got back from taking some pictures in the yard, it's 61 degrees.  I was shocked to see how much the hostas on the side of the house had sprouted, almost leafing.  This area gets morning sun.


Here are the hostas that are still sprouting on the porch area, which only gets a little afternoon sun.  


I went over to the shed, I saw something that had a flower on it and it's pink.  Is this a crocus?


I'm just thrilled seeing these plants and flowers coming up.  I can't say it enough, Spring is my favorite season, this is why!  Still on my "to do" list are those overgrown rose bushes to tackle with John's help (and leather gloves because of those nasty thorns). 

As for the interview, I'm excited about it, yes.  I don't want to get my hopes up.  I'm thinking it's a good thing that at least the calls are coming.

Have a few more errands to run tomorrow...bank, CVS, maybe look for a new blouse for interviewing, we'll see.  Thanks for joining me on this hump (Wednes)day, I'm glad you stopped by.

2 comments:

HappyK said...

We were doing the same thing today. I was running all over looking for things too. : )
I bought diet caffeine coke - I happen to get there as the guy was restocking the shelves and he just put two cases of if in my cart for me.
I know shopping at the commissary saves us money and you just made me realize it how much. My cart was just as full as yours and I only paid $138, though I didn't buy any meat.

Cheryl said...

I do my shopping piece-meal, and yes, I usually have to go back to find something I missed. And...believe it or not, I never drink soda! That's a lot of heavy stuff you have to carry in.

I can't wait to have my garden creatures out to show you pictures.

See ya tomorrow!