Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

We Have Ice

It's been raining on and off all week long, expected to continue through next Tuesday - just lovely.  Does a wet fall make for more leaf color?  Tomorrow, first day of Fall.  What happened to summer?  I want summer back!!

I've been chasing down a document the settlement folks want for our September 30th (house refinance) settlement - a title insurance document.  We tore the house upside down looking for this document last weekend.  We found our original settlement paperwork from 2003 when we bought our house, it wasn't there.  It was sent after settlement, supposedly with the Deed.  We have the Deed - no title insurance document, ugh.  I contacted the settlement company we used in 2003.  The wonderful lady there was nice enough dig out our title insurance document from their storage, scan it and email it to me.  I love technology, I got it within 48 hours of request (sometimes things go right)!  John and I had another document from our current settlement company requiring our signature.  We signed and faxed all 10 (ten!) pages (both documents) to the current settlement company.  John didn't want to scan and email, he's afraid someone will steal our identity (signatures?), he's so paranoid.  Yes, I know, we can password protect the scanned document.  He was adamant, he didn't want it emailed, fine, whatever, it's signed and faxed - done.  I called to confirm the fax was received on their end (I have a fax transmission receipt too).  I got a General Voice Mailbox ("please leave a message, we'll get back to you shortly")!!!  I left a message requesting a (human) call back confirmation that our fax was received....haven't heard from them yet.  I suppose I'll spend tomorrow redialing them until I get a human.

My lunch buddy came back today.  Plopped right down in her spot in the woods, minus her Fawn.  Maybe it wasn't the same deer that was here before?  She stayed a little longer this time, about two hours.


The refrigerator repair guy was here today during the same time my lunch buddy showed up.  He thought it was pretty cool to have a deer napping in the woods behind my house.  I thought it was pretty cool too.

To refresh/review our refrigerator situation....our ice maker went out for the third time on our six year old LG refrigerator a couple of weeks ago.  This time it was actually the valve, not the ice maker.  When Mike (refrigerator repair guy) was here about two weeks ago, he brought a whole new ice maker unit and installed it to discover it was the valve, not the ice maker that malfunctioned.  He left the new ice maker installed (what a nice guy!).  The repair company called last week to schedule today's appointment stating the valve ordered had come in.  Mike was scheduled to arrive between 7am and Noon.  Mike comes from Baltimore, about two hours away.  I knew it would take him longer in today's rainy traffic.  Mike had told me when he visited previously that he meets his father-in-law, owner of the company, for breakfast every morning at 7am.  Mike wasn't going to make it here at 7am, I didn't say a word.  I slept in this morning since it was raining until 8am.  Below are pictures of our refrigerator and the ice maker.  My camera flash is automatic.  I guess my camera sensor decided the flash was needed for these pictures (sorry about the flash reflections).




Mike called at 11:05am, he was at another appointment about 30 minutes away in Ashburn, Virginia, he expected to be at my place by 11:30 or 11:45am.  Mike knocked on my door at 12:02pm.  He had to pull the refrigerator out, away from the wall.  I warned him, I don't clean back there often.  He said he'd seen worse.  I felt relieved, even if he was lying.  I'd asked Mike if I could have the old valve to show John.  Apparently, the valve has to be returned to the manufacturer.  Mike let me take a picture.


The best news....WE HAVE ICE!!!  I bought a small five pound bag at the grocery store yesterday just in case Mike didn't show up today.  Oh well, I have ice in the garage freezer next time we lose power.  For now, life is good in my world, hope it is in yours too!

2 comments:

Vee said...

Wow. You've been redecorating for fall. It looks good in here.

Glad that you were able to get the paperwork for the refinancing all straightened around. Things like that fry my franny.

And I'm glad that Mike is a nice guy and that you have ice!

Cheryl said...

I'm glad your icemaker is fixed. Hopefully it's forever. I love your refrigerator. The last time I cleaned behind mine was when I painted a few years ago. It's amazing how the dust gets behind there.