I got some laundry done this morning, it was very humid today. I did see the sun this morning, followed by rain for awhile, maybe an hour on and off, basically passing showers. The sun was back out this afternoon, our temps were in the low 80s. The Saturday Walking Group was cancelled due to the holiday weekend. It was nice to sleep in on a Saturday.
John's birthday is Wednesday. We always do his birthday dinner with his family at the Outback restaurant, it is John's favorite. We met Liz, John's mother, and Mark & Joan, brother and SIL at 4:30 this afternoon. This is John, his Mom and brother. Joan did not want to be in the picture.
The sun started to peek through the clouds on the way home.
One of Liz's many talents is she writes songs that are recorded. She sends them into a recording company, Hilltop Records, who has singers that record songs sent in by writers. Once the recording company make a CD, she gets a copy if her song(s) are recorded and published. For the 9-11 ten year anniversary, her song, "Remembrance is All I Have" is the second selection on the CD In Remembrance.
The appraiser will be here Monday to do our house appraisal for our refinancing. Tomorrow is house cleaning day. It will be vacuuming and dusting touch ups. I got quite a bit of cleaning done Monday and Tuesday this week. I hope we can grill out tomorrow or Monday as a final grilling dinner for this summer. There are very few tomatoes left on the plants, thankfully. I'm tomatoed out for this summer. There is nothing better than a home grown tomato. They were good and worth the trouble.
Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.




1 comment:
Don't work yourself to death today, take some time for you, too. Big, big hugs friend. ;)
Post a Comment