Pages

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

The appraiser finally showed up (late) on Monday (yesterday) for our house refinancing.  She had left a message she would arrive between Noon and 1pm.  She called at 1pm, she was on her way, arriving at 1:20.  She had her camera and a laser distance measure.  She walked each room taking pictures and using her measure with her.  I found this odd since we gave her the house floor plan and the land plot.  Maybe she'll discover later the measurements were on the papers we gave her.  She finished at 1:40, thanked us and left.  She was here 20 minutes, the appraisal cost $400...pretty good money, wonder if they need help.  I suppose we'll hear back from the credit union in a couple of days.

We're still waiting to hear from the refrigerator/ice maker repair guy.  He said it would be about a week for the valve for the ice maker to come in - tomorrow is a week.  Tomorrow is also John's birthday.  Grocery store and CVS tomorrow too.  It is suppose to rain through Friday.  It started raining yesterday afternoon.  Before that, I went out in the yard to take a picture of the the hostas the deer ate.  It's the end of the season, so I really don't mind, the leaves were about dead anyway.  Although, THIS DOES look strange.






Here's another one they got to.  Hostas are like candy to deer, they love it.




So far, they haven't discovered the front of the house.  Those remain untouched by the deer.




The tomatoes have all been picked and are just about finished up.  I've got  three tomatoes left on the kitchen counter, ready to eat.  As I said before, they were well worth the trouble.  Waiting for cooler, dryer days maybe the end of this month or beginning of October to get the garden cleared out of tomato plant remnants.




Shortly after I took these pictures, about 4pm, the rains came.  It's been raining ever since.  All day today it rained.  The highlight (if I call it that) was the deer that visited.  I had a Mama and her two babies.  I could only get a picture of the Mama through the screened door.  The babies were about ten feet away.  I was able to catch them through the glass without the screen.




I apologize for the blur, I don't have auto focus on my cell phone camera.  I wonder how old they are?  They still have spots on their coats.




After about 10 minutes in the yard, Mama began to lead the little ones into the woods.  The little ones were slow to follow, Mama is waiting.




Slowly, the second one makes his way into the woods to follow Mama after another nibble from my baby tiger lily.




I got caught taking pictures.  It was shortly after this picture this one scampered off to find Mama and sibling already in the woods.




Like I said, it rained most of the day.  This will give you an idea how hard it was raining.  I could hear the rain on our roof last night.  I took this from our front porch.  Look closely, you can see the rain coming down on the driveway and street, even against the tree backdrop.




We're under a Flash Flood Watch until Noon tomorrow.  Given that it's suppose to rain all day tomorrow too, I'm sure that will be extended.  As of about 4pm this afternoon, our rain gauge measured almost 2.5 inches of rain.  I emptied it, let's see what it measures next time.




Stay warm and dry.  I can't wait for Mr. Sunshine to come back!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I can't believe all this rain! I was glad to be inside at work all day and not have to go out in it. My rain gauge was about the same as yours.

We don't have deer in my neighborhood. Not that I've seen, anyway. They sure are cute. From a distance.

Retired Knitter said...

I am a big lover of rain but even this much is too much for me. We need a dry out period.