Pages

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Changes

September is the beginning of Fall, in my mind anyway.  I've started to think about the changes I will be making in my life to adjust.  I won't be like Happyone, out there in all kinds of weather walking.  I'm just not that dedicated.  I looked over the county's seniors activities.  They have so many to choose from, it is pay as you go though, unless I want to consider a 3, 6, or 12 month pass.  I drove by the Dress Barn where I use to shop when I was working.  They had a "Now Hiring" sign in the window.  I thought about it.  I also think about all those hours on my feet lifting clothing and moving racks of clothing.  I use to work for Learner Shops while I was still in high school (and had the strength and endurance for retail).  I'll have to mull over that opportunity for awhile.  I've also been looking at other blogs to see if anyone has made any changes to their blogs for Fall.  Perhaps I'm a bit early for Fall changes as far as the rest of the world goes.


I got a late start this morning, I was lazy.  I did make it to the Giant grocery store to pick up the things that Shoppers Food Warehouse store doesn't carry.  I came home, unpacked and put away the groceries.  I checked my email and made a salad and watched my soap opera.  It was just after 2pm when John came walking in the door.  He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 8:30am, he's taking the day off (yes, again).


I believe I mentioned that we were looking to refinance our home since the rates are so low.  The first attempt with our current mortgage holder, Wells Fargo, failed.  They lied about the rate they were giving us (and they denied they lied, go figure).  We checked the credit union we belong to and it is lower than Wells Fargo's quote.  We applied to refinance through our credit union.  There was a message on the answering machine when I got home from the grocery store.  The Appraiser would like to come by MONDAY to do an appraisal.  Apparently, they're pretty busy and working holidays!  John says "we will need to clean house Sunday".  I told him what cleaning I had done Monday and Tuesday.  He was a bit embarrassed he didn't notice - go figure.  We're not worried about the appraisal.  We did complete some paperwork the credit union sent, which we will be dropping off at the credit union tomorrow.  Don't know what else is on John's agenda for tomorrow yet.


The Saturday Walking Group was cancelled due to the holiday weekend.  Our trainer, Pam, found another full time job last week as an instructor at a gym.  Now, she has a FT and PT job, she doesn't have weekends open anymore.  She notified the group she is thrilled with her new job, and she will miss everyone.  I wished her well, no one else responded.  Pam always walked with me every Saturday that she made it.  When she was on vacation this summer and didn't make the walks a few times, I walked alone.  The others walk much faster and walk ahead of me, which is fine.  I don't like people waiting on me.  Although, it now has me thinking.  I really don't need to meet the group each Saturday morning to walk alone.  I can do that anywhere and anytime.  The only part of the group I participate in is the before and after part of the walk, the chit-chat.  Another change to consider.


Enjoy the long holiday weekend.  We keep losing sunlight as the days grow shorter and cooler.  I wish summer was a twelve month season, especially if the weather stays the same as we've been having lately.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love September too, and am ready for fall. I like summer but this year has been just a bit too hot for my liking---I guess I am just becoming a grouchy old lady. :)

Have a great long weekend. Good luck with the refi---I hate all that paperwork. Bleh.

Hugs. :)

HappyK said...

Walking for me is just something i love and isn't really a choice i make each day. I just have to walk!! : )

Retired Knitter said...

Well I love September too because that means Winter is coming soon.

Over the last year I have changed my blog to match the seasons, but now that I have this one - I am not focused so much on changing it.

And I wish I had the flexibility to walk as consistently in any weather as Happy One. It is my goal.

Funny, I worked also at a Lerner's clothing shop when I was in high school. Guess Lerner's is gone now.